uktv

D

Deleted member 473

Another catch-up player on the YouView lineup: uktv is now in the EPG, so Dave, Really and Yesterday are now available.

It isn't a major player, but indicates a trend to bypass Freeview and Freesat in favour of this platform.

At least it fills up the screen with catch up services. I hope they remembered to allow that screen to scroll when they eventually get round to adding Netflix etc.

At least it fills up the screen with catch up services. I hope they remembered to allow that screen to scroll when they eventually get round to adding Netflix etc.

NetFlix I can live without.
LoveFilm would be good because I now get that "free" with Amazon Prime.
Flixster possibly?

But yes, the scroll will be essential, and if they used good programming techniques then the ability to scroll will be enabled immediately the number of players goes over 8. So, expect the worst. :p

TBH I currently use my Android tablet connected by HDMI to my TV as my go to device for catch up services (only Demand 5 of the main players not supported) which is quicker than firing up the Youview box and easier to enter programme search details, so could get Netflix etc using that.

Back