Unable to browse video from web interface

Phil Sharpe

I have a HDR-Fox T2 1TB that has the latest custom f/w ver 2.14 which is great.

The only problem I have is long delay when I open my media folder for videos, there is no delay looking at music at all.

Also I have found when using the web interface to browse media files I can browse music and photos fine but when I try to view video I get the following error.

(No error here yet as unable to post links)

could the two problems be linked?

any ideas what I could try to fix this issue?

Thanks

Phil

Runtime Error: /mod/web if/lib/ts. class: 110: child killed by signal SIG BUS in procedure 'entry' called at file "browse .jim", line 293 in procedure 'ts' called at file "browse . jim", line 96 in procedure 't s' called at file "/mod/we b if/lib/ t s.class", line 134 at file "/mod/web if/lib/t s.class", line 110

Enclose it in (plain)...(/plain) tags (replace the round brackets with square brackets).

OK, so you found a work-around while I was posting.

Runtime Error: /mod/webif/lib/ts.class:110: child killed by signal SIGBUS in procedure 'entry' called at file "browse.jim", line 293 in procedure 'ts' called at file "browse.jim", line 96 in procedure 'ts' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/ts.class", line 134 at file "/mod/webif/lib/ts.class", line 110

Square brackets! However, it seems to have posted OK regardless.

As to the problem, not my area of expertise. We'll have to wait for af123 to swing by.

Runtime Error: /mod/webif/lib/ts.class:110: child killed by signal SIGBUS in procedure 'entry' called at file "browse.jim", line 293 in procedure 'ts' called at file "browse.jim", line 96 in procedure 'ts' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/ts.class", line 134 at file "/mod/webif/lib/ts.class", line 110

it's all in the detail :)

thanks for your help, any advice would be great.

It's crashing while trying to read information from a .hmt file associated with a recording. Whatever is wrong with that HMT file could be slowing down the onTV interface too.

Does this happen when you try and view the top level of the video folder? Could you run the checkhmt diagnostic from the web interface diagnostics screen? That should identify which file is broken then if you can send it to me I can have a look for you, or at least move it out of the way and see if it fixes the problem.

Hi, Thanks for your help

yes it happens at the top level of the video folder.

I ran the checkhmt diags and got this output

>>> Beginning diagnostic checkhmt
Running: checkhmt
Title:I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
Title:I'm a Celebrity... Coming Out
Title:Idris Elba's How Clubbing...
Title:Leaving
Title:psychic Sally On The Road
Title:Real Housewives of New York City
Title:Something Special

>>> Ending diagnostic checkhmt

No errors there, could you try it again? I've tweaked it a bit to use exactly the same command as the media browser does.

I FTP'd onto the Humax and deleted all the recordings listed in the diags output and a couple that weren't, I just deleted everything not in a folder.

Cheers

I FTP'd onto the Humax and deleted all the recordings listed in the diags output and a couple that weren't, I just deleted everything not in a folder.

Cheers
If it happens again try moving the files to a different folder one at a time until you find the recording that is causing the problem.

Back