Unable to connect via Webif

Trajet

I have just taken delivery of a HD Fox T2 to stream programs from my HDR Fox T2. All worked well, I updated to the lasted firmware and the latest customised firmware and although everything was OK to begin with I can no longer connect via Webif to the HD Fox T2. I can still stream from the HDR Fox T2 and my router still show the HD T2 as a connected device but I am unable to connect from my PC. I am still able to connect to the HDR T2. I have tried though Firefox and IE9 and I have Windows 7, 64bit.

Running Windows Network Diagnoses reports;

The remote device or resource won't accept the connection The device or resource (192.168.0.7) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)"

Strange. Did you try a full reboot? Also, is content share and ftp switched on? From your PC can you telnet 80 to the Fox?

Also, on the Fox itself does it say "Network connected" on the Configure LAN page?

Full reboot done, not sure where to find content share and ftp. Network connected is displayed.

Just to rule out any PC browser issues, from your PC start a DOS command prompt try...

telnet 192.168.0.7 80

Also, the CFW you installed - was it the HD or HDR version?

Just to rule out any PC browser issues, from your PC start a DOS command prompt try...

telnet 192.168.0.7 80

Also, the CFW you installed - was it the HD or HDR version?

Connecting to 192.168.0.7...Could not open connection to the host, on port 80: connect failed

I am almost certainty sure that it was the HD Version, but as I had to rename the file I'm not sure if there is a way to check if it was the right file.

is content share and ftp switched on?

Neither of these are relevant to the HD-FOX (which has neither DLNA server nor FTP server in the native firmware).

The custom firmware would not even attempt to install is it was the wrong one, as the embedded ID codes would be invalid. If the unit pings but putting the same address in the web browser address bar does not produce the custom software installation page, I am at a loss what to suggest other than that mongoose (the web server) hasn't started for some reason - and yet Telnet does not get through to rectify the problem either.

It seems a long shot, but all I can think of is that there is another device on your network with the same IP address - the HDR-FOX perhaps?

It seems a long shot, but all I can think of is that there is another device on your network with the same IP address - the HDR-FOX perhaps?

Checked again this morning, HDR is 192.168.0.12 and HD is 192.168.0.6

Is there a way to reset the box back to factory settings without using Webif?

Yes, telnet to the box (default port rather than port 80 that you did before):

just 'telnet 192.168.0.6' without the 80 at the end.

Hopefully you should get a 'humax#' prompt then just type:

Code:
humax# diag remove_mod_yes_i_am_sure

and reboot.

Just tried the telnet and entered the remove command, the result was

-/bin/sh: humax#: not found
humax#
humax#

Sorry for the confusion - the humax# bit indicates the prompt that you will see, just type starting with the diag bit.

That's the mod removed now. I'll have another go reinstalling it later on.

Thanks for all the help :)

Problem sorted. I went down the route of a possible dodgy USB stick, I then realised that it was formatted in EXT3 instead of EXT 2. :oops: Quick reformat and re-installation later, all works OK. :frantic:

Thanks again for all the help.

No doubt I'll be back when I go wireless. :eek:

Problem sorted. I went down the route of a possible dodgy USB stick, I then realised that it was formatted in EXT3 instead of EXT 2. :oops: Quick reformat and re-installation later, all works OK
Trajet - I have been having the same issue- unable to connect to webif on HD Fox after upgrade to CF even though box still works and install appears to go fine, I was using an 8gb USB stick formatted fat32, to do the updgrade to the HD Fox. Is this the problem?

The same stick (8gb) wont work for upgrades with my HDR FOX i have to use an old 1gb one for that but I couldnt find it this morning.
Thanks

If the CF has taken, the CF version will be reported on the HD-FOX's front panel LED display during boot.

Back