Unable to extend an active recording?

gomezz

Noticed that the manual timer I had set up for the FA Cup replay today had been ignored by the BST change so was running an hour ahead of time ( I had set it manually as I don't trust any broadcaster to get the AR signalling right on live sports coverage with the possibility of extra time and penalties to come).

Curiously it would not let me extend the time by pressing the Record button. I had to resort to setting another manual timer to follow on and hope nothing critical happens in the few seconds as it changes over.

I *think* my manually timed recording on HDR-FOX1 performed correctly. Was your Foxsat powered up prior to the timer recording?

Curiously it would not let me extend the time by pressing the Record button. I had to resort to setting another manual timer to follow on and hope nothing critical happens in the few seconds as it changes over.

Does it usually?

I think only instant recordings let you extent the time. I point it out as a deficiency with this model.

The same applies to the HDR-FOX. No timed recording, however set up, can be extended in this way.

Hi Gomezz

It appears that the clock running +1 hours
is a buglet
see AV Forums for details

Cheers
Grebo

"Noticed that the manual timer I had set up for the FA Cup replay today had been ignored by the BST change so was running an hour ahead of time"

Sorry I spoke
Won't let it happen again

Grebo

The timer started one hour early as it had been left untouched by the BST change (erroneously in my view but that is another matter (*) ) but the clock was on time. Does that make it easier to understand?

(*) Showing times in the Schedule as GMT before the time change but as BST after they need to be consistent which they are not. Sloppy design, sloppy coding.

Back