Unable to pause recordings/live tv

notapom

Sorry if this has been answered. I couldn't find an answer searching the forums. I've had the Humax hdr fox t2 with the custom firmware for about a week. I've realised tonight I am unable to pause recordings or live TV. I can rewind/ff live TV and recordings. All other buttons work fine. This is the first time I've actually tried to pause something so unsure if this was an issue before installing the custom firmware. When I press play/pause during a recording or live TV, the status/seek bar comes up (not sure what it's called) and the green play symbol lights up too so it is responding to the button being pressed but not actual pausing.

Edit: I purchased the box used on eBay. It came with the RM-I09U remote. I've just googled it and it seems that this remote is for the HDR-2000T. I suspect this may be the problem. I did wonder why I didn't have the bookmark button when trying to set up DetectAds and a different remote to the image in the PDF manual from the website.

Edit: I have found another post regarding this issue, and will follow the advice there to remap the buttons. I would delete this post but I can't find an option to do so.

Last edited:
A couple of things to try before investing in a new remote

Go the Remote page of the webif and try using pause there and confirm that it is working on that page for both live and prerecorded

Unlikely, but it is possible that the previous owner may have disabled the TSR function, From the Diag page run the tsr/enable diagnostic (or from a command prompt diag tsr/enable) and reboot

Nope. The RM-I09U has a combined play/pause button.
So the humax is seeing it as another Play button press rather than Pause so you would probably need to find another, little used, button on the the remote which you could remap to be Pause, (Portal or List are good candidates for remapping)

As here.

Instead of that solution, might it be a useful enhancement to the ir configuration or macro language to have a toggle function that translates a received IR code alternately to one of two codes or code sequences, switching after a 0.5s, eg, idle gap?

Sounds like you'll be better off obtaining the right handset or using an appropriately programmed universal handset
Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click)

I actually do like the RM-I0U9. It feels solid and the RM-F04 looks light and flimsy. I'll go down the route of remapping certain buttons first and see how that goes.

That's a privilege bestowed upon "Forum Supporters" (subscribers). Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click)

Got it, I just thought I would delete the post, if possible as I'd found a solution before anyone responded and and I could clear the forum of unnecessary posts.

So the humax is seeing it as another Play button press rather than Pause so you would probably need to find another, little used, button on the the remote which you could remap to be Pause, (Portal or List are good candidates for remapping)

This was exactly what I did. The only buttons I really miss on the RM-I09U is pause and the bookmarks button for DetectAds. I used list and the audio description button.

I suspect that the seller wasn't aware.

It could have been worse.
On that item it comes with a Humax youview remote, which with no Opt+ button would make deletion reliant on using the custom firmware.

I agree that the seller was likely unaware. I'd like to think I'd notice the big BT logo on that listing before purchasing.

I actually do like the RM-I0U9. It feels solid and the RM-F04 looks light and flimsy. I'll go down the route of remapping certain buttons first and see how that goes.
I wouldn't call the RM-F04 flimsy but I would agree that the newer remotes have a better look and feel so it is worth keeping if the key remapping works for you.
I have a variant that was shipped with a Humax freesat box that does have a pause button (but no opt+) button (similar to this) that might meet @Black Hole 's needs in his quest for a simplified remote control for a supported user

Ta. Simplified, yes... bigger buttons no.
It is easier to hold and the buttons are a bit bigger and better spaced than the RM-F04 but possibly not sufficiently bigger, too big and the remote becomes difficult to hold
Most Big Button remotes dont seem to include play controls for recordings.

Back