"Unable to track programme" 0 min failed recordings

mr-b

HI

I've started to see a few of these scheduled recordings fail in the last few days. They are HD and on different channels.
There's nothing recent in the crash, activity log or disk smart data to indicate an issue.
An instant recording works fine.

Where should I be looking for failure reasons?

I've started to see a few of these scheduled recordings fail in the last few days. They are HD and on different channels.
There's nothing recent in the crash, activity log or disk smart data to indicate an issue.
An instant recording works fine.

Where should I be looking for failure reasons?
These may be due to the large number of prograrnmes that have been rescheduled, postponed or cancelled.
You state that these are HD programmes. It is mainly the HD channels that have had these recent upheavals.

You have posted your question in the Customised Firmware section. Why do you think it's something to do with the Customised Firmware.

Last edited:
Yes, we've had several. It's just the schedules being reworked for the Queen's passing.

Things are probably now fairly stable as it's all planned out, so if you have a look in the programme listing you should be able to see where your future recordings will fail.
Hopefully things should get back on track middle of next week.

AFAIK "Unable to track" is usually a sign that the programme wasn't broadcast at all. So the number of changes to the schedule would have been my guess. I would have thought the same problem would occur on other Humax models. Not something I've seen recently, and maybe I won't as I don't trust AR on the minor channels - so don't use it.

AFAIK "Unable to track" is usually a sign that the programme wasn't broadcast at all. So the number of changes to the schedule would have been my guess. I would have thought the same problem would occur on other Humax models.
AR has been pretty hopeless on the Aura this week and with SD programs switching back and forth between channels it is not surprising. I am reviewing the schedule each day and still managing to miss things but at least the players on the Aura work for all the major channels.

Tx for the info.
Yes, one was Stewart Lee's Tornado which indeed was bumped with the same symptoms but the other two were episodes of Coronation St, incidentally whose longevity looks very likely to outdo the late Queen, if not everything else!

the other two were episodes of Coronation St, incidentally whose longevity looks very likely to outdo the late Queen, if not everything else!
I have had problems recording Coronation Street; I think some episodes have not been series linked.

Ah thanks. Very odd. My PC-based SichboPVR, which is pretty good at keeping up, reported "EPG changed" but it didn't even have an entry for the second Stewart Lee ep.

Things are probably now fairly stable as it's all planned out, so if you have a look in the programme listing you should be able to see where your future recordings will fail.
We record the extended version of HIGNFY (Mondays), so I thought I'd test my theory.
The early version is normally on Fridays and RT lists it but it's been bumped off the programme guide. However, the extended one is still shown for Monday, though I expect that will almost certainly change.

So for max peace of mind this
I am reviewing the schedule each day
is probably the best strategy.

AFAIK "Unable to track" is usually a sign that the programme wasn't broadcast at all.
What it means is the programme ID was not received during the valid time window. IIRC the valid window is EPG start time -5 to +15 mins. If the programme is delayed but the EPG isn't updated to track the delay, then there is only that margin.

Alternatively they might simply cock up transmission of the ID.

What it means is the programme ID was not received during the valid time window. IIRC the valid window is EPG start time -5 to +15 mins. If the programme is delayed but the EPG isn't updated to track the delay, then there is only that margin.
As far as the HDR-FOX is concerned for AR it is starting up to 17 full minutes early or 30 minutes late. That "17 minutes" use to be "15 minutes" but was updated in the 1.03.xx versions in 2014 to start monitoring 2 minutes earlier.

The d-book use to have as the AR standard a minimum of 10 minutes before the start. I don't think that I've ever seen a standard for how long to monitor after the scheduled start.

Last edited:
As far as the HDR-FOX is concerned for AR it is starting up to 17 full minutes early or 30 minutes late. That "17 minutes" use to be "15 minutes" but was updated in the 1.03.xx versions in 2014 to start monitoring 2 minutes earlier.
Yeah, fair enough, I was stretching my memory but the principle remains the same.

Thinking about it, I think "we" (by which I mean af123) worked out that the end of the timing window depended on how long the programme was scheduled to run.

Lots of programme failed on the Foxsat-HDR, too.
Pretty sure some broadcasters have changes series CRIDs on many programmes to further muddy the waters.
We got half an EE episode the other day, and no delayed Celebrity Masterchefs. Thankfully iPlayer came to the rescue.

We got half an EE episode the other day, and no delayed Celebrity Masterchefs.
Was the "half an EE" the one broadcast after University Challenge? On my Aura the University Challenge recording spanned both University Challenge and the whole of East Enders.

Was the "half an EE" the one broadcast after University Challenge? On my Aura the University Challenge recording spanned both University Challenge and the whole of East Enders.
No. Monday's on BBC Two was recorded fine by my Foxsat-HDR. {We don't record UC}.
It was Tuesday's ep, I think, on BBC One?
I've deleted so many orphaned reservations and re-done reservations in the last week it's all a bit of a blur now ;)

My Weather for the Week Ahead probe "failed to track" from 9th to 15th September inclusive. (This is broadcast after midnight, so 9th was the first scheduled broadcast after the news broke.)

Back