Unable to update package list

AdamsDaddy

Hi,

For the last few days I've been unable to update packages, either through the web interface or the command line. I get this error:
Code:
Downloading (link to Packages.gz)
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download (link to Packages.gz), wget returned 8.

(I had to remove the URLs here because I've not made enough posts to include links.)

If I manually run wget on that URL, I get:
Code:
humax# wget (link to Packages.gz)
--2013-02-08 19:53:17--  (link to Packages.gz)
Resolving hummypkg.org.uk... 2a00:5600:1600::1:1, 89.248.55.76
Connecting to hummypkg.org.uk|2a00:5600:1600::1:1|:80... failed: Address family not supported by protocol.
Connecting to hummypkg.org.uk|89.248.55.76|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2013-02-08 19:53:18 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
I get the same error when trying to retrieve that URL using wget on my Mac, but using curl works just fine. Forcing wget to use curl's user agent also works, which makes me think the server is blocking wget for some reason, although no-one else seems to have been having this problem so it seems unlikely.

Please help me by pointing out the stupid error I've made... ;)

Many thanks.

How old is your custom firmware version?

If you are using a version older than 2.00 then you will no longer be able to update packages. Package updates aren't tested with versions that old and their operation cannot be guaranteed. You should upgrade the custom firmware to the latest version then you should be able to update the package list again.

How old is your custom firmware version?

If you are using a version older than 2.00 then you will no longer be able to update packages. Package updates aren't tested with versions that old and their operation cannot be guaranteed. You should upgrade the custom firmware to the latest version then you should be able to update the package list again.
Ah, I'm on 1.12... I'll update and see how I get on.

Thanks for your help.

I dont know if this is the right place to ask this, but. When I access the web interface, I get a prompt asking me to "Please update the rs package on your Humax to version 0.7.1. thanks."

I've just updated the custom firmware to the latest 29 Jan version, so will that take care of the issue? If not how do I "update the rs package"?

Cheers
Pete

[Edited version, incorporating additional information from Brian and af123 in later posts]

First, you need to be accessing the HDR-FOX WebIF, not the Remote Scheduler web site.

Go into the Package Management section of the WebIF, allow it to load fully, then click the "Update package list from Internet" button near the top (and allow that to load fully). Then go into the "upgrades" tab. Any outdated packages will be listed there with the option to update them.

Alternatively, you can just click the "Upgrade all packages" button.

In the "available" tab, if you install the auto-update package, the packages will update automatically whenever there is an update issued (this does not include the CF itself).

Go into the Package Management section of the WebIF, allow it to load fully, then go into the "upgrades" tab. Any outdated packages will be listed there with the option to update them.
Not forgetting to select the button labelled "Update package list from internet", and waiting for it to complete, then Close the pop-up Before going into the "Upgrades" tab.

When I access the web interface, I get a prompt asking me to "Please update the rs package on your Humax to version 0.7.1. thanks."

The web interface you are accessing there is the remote scheduling portal and not the web interface that runs on the Humax box. To update the package using the instructions already posted above you need to point your browser at your Humax box itself.

Back