Undelete - Does it only work from webif?

Hi Andy,

Once I ran this diagnostic:- plugin_autodisable/off (see further up in this thread for what this does), I have never had the problem occur since (been running for months now and performing faultlessly - undelete works exactly as it should). I've just logged into my Hummy from work and it's running Undelete v1.6

Cheers,

--Rob Singlehurst

Rob - thanks for the update. Were you able to undelete it before making the plugin_autodisable/off change? I'm currently still unable to uninstall the undelete plugin. When I tried Ezra's recommendation of
opkg remove --force-remove undelete
opkg install undelete
I received the following error messages:
Code:
No packages removed.
Collected errors:
*pkg_run_script: package "undelete" prerm script returned status 255.
*pkg_run_script: package "undelete" postrm script returned status 255.
If anyone's got an ides of what I could try next (including whether Rob's suggestion is applicable to my situation) I'd appreciate it.

Andy

Could well do, or diagnostic fix-flash-packages. You may be suffering from having had a reboot shortly after boot (or have initiated one yourself). If the custom firmware detects a quick reboot, it takes a precautionary measure of disabling some packages in case they were responsible for the reboot (preventing a repeating reboot cycle).

Hi - tried that, but got a bunch of errors similar to the ones I got when trying to reinstall the undelete package. A snippet of what I believe are the relevant messages are:
Code:
* pkg_run_script: package "portal-xtra1" prerm script returned status 255.
* opkg_remove_pkg: not removing package "portal-xtra1", prerm script failed.

* pkg_run_script: package "redring" preinst script returned status 255.
* preinst_configure: Aborting installation of redring.
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package redring.

* pkg_run_script: package "custom-portal" prerm script returned status 255.
* opkg_remove_pkg: not removing package "custom-portal", prerm script failed.

Interestingly, not all of the re-installations failed...

I'm going to try Rob's suggestion later unless anyone thinks that's a bad idea and will see where I get to.

Andy

It seems to me the easiest solution would be to strip back to standard firmware and reinstall from scratch. Something has gone wrong somewhere.

I had a fear someone might suggest that :(

Is there any known potential problems with doing this - i.e. should I expect any recordings and/or schedules etc. to disappear? I appreciate I'll have to re-setup any custom firmware packages/settings when I reinstall.

Andy

No, mucking about with firmware installs has no effect on existing recordings or the recording schedule at all.

For a clean slate, use the RMA option in the Telnet menu, then over-write with standard firmware. Then you are ready to start again as if there had never been custom firmware.

Back