[undelete] package released!

It could probably do with a fix-disk, but I don't have any way to keep a session open. Maybe running it through webshell keeps the session open even without something on the other end?
I just tried it through webshell; the session is terminated by closing the web page (or, at least, if it isn't terminated connecting to the web server opens a new page with no idea what happened to the old session). :(

What's that? It's not listed in the repo.

It's a utility which starts a command and arranges for that command to ignore any hangup signals. It usually means that it will continue to run once its controlling terminal is detached, and the output goes to a file called nohup.out.

We need tmux or screen.. I'm fairly sure I have tried to build tmux in the past.

I think it would be very useful to arrange fixdisk to run unattended and have the output buffered for next connection.

Would a force reinstall be better than an uninstall and reinstall?
No, it's nothing to do with the package.
Something is wrong - exactly what will probably be revealed by the aforementioned diagnostic.
That will then lead to the probable solution.
It could probably do with a fix-disk, but I don't have any way to keep a session open.
You could always run e2fsck manually on the big partition and divert the output to file. Something like this:
Code:
humax# umount /mnt/hd2
humax# dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/hd3/.swap bs=1M count=1024
humax# mkswap /mnt/hd3/.swap
humax# swapon /mnt/hd3/.swap
humax# e2fsck -y /dev/sda2 </dev/null >/mnt/hd3/manual.log 2>&1 &
Then you can disconnect and come back later and clean up (having checked with ps that e2fsck isn't still running):
Code:
humax# swapoff /mnt/hd3/.swap
humax# rm /mnt/hd3/.swap
humax# cat /mnt/hd3/manual.log
humax# rm /mnt/hd3/manual.log
I think it would be very useful to arrange fixdisk to run unattended and have the output buffered for next connection.
Yes, it would be nice.

I ran the general diagnostic, but nothing unusual was reported.

In fact, it's all been a red herring. This time I noticed a small report at the bottom of the dialogue saying that the string I was trying to rename the recycle bin to was invalid, and that's why it wasn't taking. I tried a different modification and it worked fine. What are the requirements?

As far as I can tell, everything is functioning normally.

In fact, it's all been a red herring.
That'a what happens when you don't give the exact commands and responses.
This time I noticed a small report at the bottom of the dialogue saying that the string I was trying to rename the recycle bin to was invalid, and that's why it wasn't taking. I tried a different modification and it worked fine. What are the requirements?
Why don't you say what you were trying? Then somebody will tell you why it didn't work.

Code:
if {![regexp -nocase {^\[?[- a-z_]+\]?$} $name]} {
	puts "Invalid dustbin name."
	exit
}

That'a what happens when you don't give the exact commands and responses.
I didn't notice the message appear last week. It's pretty small, not in an obvious place, and I was working under difficult circumstances.

Why don't you say what you were trying? Then somebody will tell you why it didn't work.
Again, I'm reporting some hours after the event. If you can't remember the circumstances exactly, it's better not to guess something.

Code:
if {![regexp -nocase {^\[?[- a-z_]+\]?$} $name]} {
    puts "Invalid dustbin name."
    exit
}
I think that means it's not allowed to start with a space. I would have been trying to make it start with a space, because I seem to recall recently a folder being deliberately created with a leading space so it gets pushed to the bottom of the media list. I was trying to move the dustbin out of the user's view.

Can a folder name be just spaces??

Oh b*ll*x.

I've just realised the folder in question, with the space, is [FlatView], and the space pushes it to the top of the list not the bottom. The "[" folders are at the bottom of the list of folders, but above the recordings - which is the problem. No solution then.

This stopped working for me a few weeks ago, finally got around to reading advice on here but I cannot get it to work, I even removed the firmware and went back to official, reloaded, reinstalled just a few packages including undelete, but it won't play ball. It doesn't even create the [Deleted Items] folder. Will it ever work again? :-(

It's working on ours OK.
One stopped a few weeks ago but that was because it was disabled following two crashes in quick succession - a fix-flash-packages command sorted it.

Run the fix-flash-package diagnostic from the web interface diagnostics screen.

Back