[unencrypt] Decrypt-in-place

It looks like there is something about the copy of wget in /bin that was the problem, then. Are you using firmware 1.02.20?

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Yes, 1.02.20 firmware, I did install wget 1.12 (and then uninstalled it) but that was after the problem started, so at the time it would have been using the previous busybox version I guess
Code:
humax# which wget
/mod/bin/busybox/wget
humax#
I though the debug data might end up in the empty .unencryptdebug file sorry I see it now, I might leave debug on for now and do some more testing, It's unlikely to cause any timing problems, I think the lock files are a much better idea, I might even try 15Min. crons again just to see

There's a package on its way to the repository, called "unencrypt"

Once it is installed, run unencryptsetup and give it the name of the directory that you want to experiment with, e.g.

Code:
unencryptsetup "Bob's Videos"

This will then update the cron table and schedule the program to run every 15 minutes. Every time it runs, it will check that there isn't already another job running and then decrypt the first encrypted file that it finds in the directory you specified, therefore gradually working its way through your files.

You can specify the directory with or without /mnt/hd2 or /media at the start, but the directory MUST be enclosed in quotes if it contains spaces or characters like ' - to be safe, just make sure that you always use quotes. If, after all the checks, the directory doesn't exist, the setup program will tell you there is a problem and exit, leaving the setup unchanged.

If you don't specify a directory, it will default to decrypting all of your recordings - this is beta code so I recommend that you record some sacrificial programmes, bung them in a directory and check that it works before taking that step.

Let me know how you get on!

Thanks, didn't know it needed that. I have started it running, will let you know.

I notice that on the web interface I have a panel titled "File Clipboard" which seems to be permanently loading. Should that be there?

Thanks, didn't know it needed that. I have started it running, will let you know.

I notice that on the web interface I have a panel titled "File Clipboard" which seems to be permanently loading. Should that be there?

If you have a script blocker (like noscript in Firefox), that's what you will see. If you enable scripting, the webif should work a lot better.

I also see the File Clipboard, constantly loading. I use Chrome with Adblock Plus, but no script blocker.

Thank you for this. It seems to make my life a lot easier.
Could I ask that it be integrated into the WebIF?
I could see an option with each folder to decrypt all files inside. You could also have an options page to be able to turn on and off, add/removed folders from a job list and change how often the script is run.
Guess it would be nice to also be able to rename files on given rules and move then while decrypting.
Thanks for reading, like I say very helpful tool, just be nice to have easier controls.

My experiences of this and all the custom firmware, is sometimes I can't move/delete file that are being decrypted and its not always clear why. Sometime seems that its a bit heavier of reasorces, glitches in recordings and playback. Just want to give some feed back.
:)

New to unencrypt. Followed the instructions on the Wiki and fired off unencryptsetup on a folder on the Hummy. What can I say - it doesn't work. Nothing decrypts. I need help...!

If you go to the WebIF and the diagnostic page, there should be an 'unencrypt' log. If there is not i guess it ant been started.
Anyhow i'm not expert.
Good luck

If you go to the WebIF and the diagnostic page, there should be an 'unencrypt' log. If there is not i guess it ant been started.
Anyhow i'm not expert.
Good luck
There is no unencrypt.log. Then I'm stuck. I can't see how to start it.

If you have access to Telnet enter crontab -l at the humax# prompt e.g. :-
Code:
humax# crontab -l
0 2 * * * /mod/sbin/anacron -s -d
1,31 * * * * /mod/sbin/unencrypt "/mnt/hd2/My Video/archive" > /mod/tmp/unencrypt.log 2>&1
*/10 * * * * /mod/sbin/rs_process >> /mod/tmp/rs.log 2>&1

A line shows that unencrypt will process 2 files per hour at 1 Min. and 31 Mins past the hour, If you don't have this unencrypt line then it has not been set up correctly

If you have access to Telnet enter the following :-
Code:
 crontab -l
1,31 * * * * /mod/sbin/unencrypt "/mnt/hd2/My Video/archive" > /mod/tmp/unencrypt.log 2>&1
*/10 * * * * /mod/sbin/rs_process >> /mod/tmp/rs.log 2>&1

This shows that unencrypt will process 2 files per hour at 1 Min. and 31 Mins past the hour, If you don't have this unencypt has not been set up correctly
This is what I have (for a folder called "Hollyoaks") which would seem to be correct. There's nothing there yet though (scheduled recording), but I also kicked off unencryptsetup for an existing folder called "Earthflight" with two existing recordings in it. Those are the ones I was expecting to see and I set that up over two hours ago.

crontab -l
1,31 1-6 * * * /mod/sbin/unencrypt "/mnt/hd2/My Video/Hollyoaks" > /mod/tmp/unencrypt.log 2>&1

I'm not an authority on crontab BUT it looks to me like it is setup to run unencrypt on MINs 1 and 31 BUT only during the hours of 1-6 AM

I think it's because you have run unencrypt setup twice, I would suggest you run unencrypt setup disable and check to see that the crontab line has gone (it may need to be run twice) then re-run unencrypt setup on one directory to start with

Running out of suggestions, I would uninstall the unencrypt package in the Web-If and then re-install

Edit :- Iv'e checked the threads and it looks like you can't run this on multiple directories, but I think a re-install should sort it

If you haven't got rid of the Custom Firmware yet, level 3 HERE is worth a go, The point of unencrypt (I think) is to setup a single special directory and then move files into it after they are recorded using the remote control's OPT+

The point of unencrypt (I think) is to setup a single special directory and then move files into it after they are recorded using the remote control's OPT+
In that case, it's not for me. I'm looking for no user intervention - just the ability to stream any recording to a PC on the net, whether it's HD or SD. Auto-unprotect + XBMC will do that but with no transport control on the stream. Decrypted files will stream fine with WMP but the step is manual thus useless to me. My hope was that I could specify directories (scheduled recordings) that would auto-decrypt and allow the users who are interested to stream them. If it means me (or someone) has to move them first then it's pointless. I'll just buy an additional HD FoxT2 I guess... (just trying to avoid that!)

Back