[unencrypt] Decrypt-in-place

Are the settings stored in the database by any chance? Would it be possible to read and check they are correctly set in software?

Not available on HD-FOX T2. Not mine anyway.
Correct. The HD-FOX doesn't have a built-in DLNA server, which might otherwise provide a route to decryption without needing HDRmode. Decrypt-in-place and WebIF OPT+ Download are denied to HD-FOX users (both of which require the server enabled).

Correct. The HD-FOX doesn't have a built-in DLNA server, which might otherwise provide a route to decryption without needing HDRmode. Decrypt-in-place and WebIF OPT+ Download are denied to HD-FOX users (both of which require the server enabled).

That's 2 more features I need to add - checking for the DLNA being enabled in the database and checking that it's being run on an HDR or at least in HDR mode.

Have you restarted the box recently? I've had a small number of occasions where the DLNA server refuses connections and it has needed a restart to cure it.
I've seen this too, a right pain when I'm tucked up and have to go and reboot the HDR because the HD won't connect to it. A "force reboot" button on the WebIF would come in handy at that point!

Even better would be a force reboot in the webif and in the custom portal on the HD access to the webif of the HDR with navigation via the remote.
Not that I
Have any abilities to make any of that happen.

I've updated unencrypt to check for DLNA being both enabled and active but I haven't rolled a package yet as I'd like to sort what is needed to run on an HD-T2 which is running in HDR mode.

It looks like no changes are needed to make unencrypt run in HDR mode, but I do need to check for the script being installed on an HD-T2 that's not in HDR mode. Unfortunately, I haven't got an HD to play with, so any ideas would be helpful.

For reboot, does it need a complete power down (mains off) or is the front panel button/remote off sufficient?

EDIT: Never mind - I gave it a power off. Now seems to work. Strangely it processed both QI Files in a few seconds, Encrypted flag removed, and I've now watched one with splash to confirm.

Is that correct? Is only a flag removal needed?

EDIT Some more: Just tried another folder - it is now giving me a progress report (22% complete, one file) so I suspect that the QI Files must have been decyrpted, but the flag not removed.

If you are playing it with Splash you must be file-sharing rather than DLNA streaming, so the file must have been decrypted to make it playable.

For reboot, does it need a complete power down (mains off) or is the front panel button/remote off sufficient?

EDIT: Never mind - I gave it a power off. Now seems to work. Strangely it processed both QI Files in a few seconds, Encrypted flag removed, and I've now watched one with splash to confirm.

Is that correct? Is only a flag removal needed?

EDIT Some more: Just tried another folder - it is now giving me a progress report (22% complete, one file) so I suspect that the QI Files must have been decyrpted, but the flag not removed.

That's good news :)

The QI files might have been decrypted already using the web interface.

I'm now trying to setup to decrypt all files on the box. However, I can't seem to enter the correct confirmation at the question (see below). If I setup "My Video" as the the directory to scan, will it also go into subdirectories.

humax# unencryptsetup
Unencrypt activator

Version 0.1.1

Activates the auto-decrypt function through cron
There is only one parameter - the target directory
You need to give the directory name in quotes
e.g. unencryptsetup "Bob\'s videos"
If you do not specify any directory, the script
will unencrypt every file

'unencryptsetup disable' will deactivate the process

Unencrypt is currently decrypting "/mnt/hd2/My Video"
No directory specified, this will decrypt all recordings
Do you want to continue? (y/N)
y

Exiting
humax# y
-/bin/sh: y: not found
humax#
humax#

You seem to have completed it successfully, and then felt the need to type and extra "y" at the command line (which was not found as a command). "No directory specified, this will decrypt all recordings"

I'm now trying to setup to decrypt all files on the box. However, I can't seem to enter the correct confirmation at the question (see below). If I setup "My Video" as the the directory to scan, will it also go into subdirectories.

As Black Hole said, you had confirmed correctly, I'll add some better text to save confusion in the next version.

If you run the command "crontab -l" you should see a line that contains a reference to unencrypt and it should be pointing to the '/mnt/hd2/My Video' directory - that will confirm that you got the setup correct.

Once you are processing 'My Video' all the contents of all the subdirectories will indeed be processed.

Sadly - I only put on y in (followed by enter), and the crontab is unchanged. Wouldn't unencrypt setup show the line added to crontab like it does when specifying a folder. In the output below "y" followed by enter is only input once. (At least by me - unless putty is doing somthing stupid)

humax# unencryptsetup
Unencrypt activator

Version 0.1.1

Activates the auto-decrypt function through cron
There is only one parameter - the target directory
You need to give the directory name in quotes
e.g. unencryptsetup "Bob\'s videos"
If you do not specify any directory, the script
will unencrypt every file

'unencryptsetup disable' will deactivate the process

Unencrypt is currently decrypting "/mnt/hd2/My Video/QI"
No directory specified, this will decrypt all recordings
Do you want to continue? (y/N)
y

Exiting
humax# y
-/bin/sh: y: not found
humax#
humax# crontab -l
0 2 * * * /mod/sbin/anacron -s -d
*/5 * * * * /mod/sbin/rs_process >> /mod/tmp/rs.log 2>&1
0,15,30,45 * * * * /mod/sbin/unencrypt "/mnt/hd2/My Video/QI" > /mod/tmp/unencrypt.log 2>&1
humax#
humax#

Sadly - I only put on y in (followed by enter), and the crontab is unchanged. Wouldn't unencrypt setup show the line added to crontab like it does when specifying a folder. In the output below "y" followed by enter is only input once. (At least by me - unless putty is doing somthing stupid)

The only way that I can duplicate that behaviour is if I hit return before 'y'. I suspect it's a terminal emulator problem.

Try the following command
Code:
unencryptsetup "/mnt/hd2/My Video"

It has the same effect, but you don't need to answer 'y'.

Back