Universal Remote

Paul Butt

Not being ofay with universal remotes I wonder if theres one that anyone knows of can add an apple tv4 as well as the FVP-4000T?

Harmony can learn codes from the device's RControl. Probably there are cheaped ones around, but look for one with the' learning' facility.

How dothe rest of the freatures operate with them then ie. media , recording , pause and freeview play to go onto the internet etc.

You have to choose a Harmony with enough buttons, or the top-of-the-range ones with LCD "buttons". In my case (Harmony 300) there are four definable buttons and a few others I can reallocate because I don't use them. If there are functions you rarely use, they can be left to the original handset for those occasions.

We already have a non-device-specific discussion about universal remotes here: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/universal-remotes.1479/

Not sure about the 300 model but on my Harmony Elite you can allocate two functions to each physical button, one for a short press and one for a long press. For example, a short press on the >> button is for FF and I have also set a long press on >> as Skip (aka >| ).

Not being ofay with universal remotes I wonder if theres one that anyone knows of can add an apple tv4 as well as the FVP-4000T?
Paul you do realise the 4000 remote can perform basic functions of your tv
On off
Volume
Source

That's what I use
And my 4000 is also plugged into my stereo amp and the volume control works great

Other thing to consider is switching on the hdmi setting on both 4000 and your tv so that when you switch 4000 on/off it automatically switches your tv on/off

Works peachy for me

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

PC world currently has a few one for all remotes on offer. The ones with the learning function will allow you to replace any IR remote, as long as the universal one has more/same number of buttons.

I've got a couple of those, they have quite a good selection of buttons. Although most of them are to do with recording 'transport'.

Paul you do realise the 4000 remote can perform basic functions of your tv
On off
Volume
Source

That's what I use
And my 4000 is also plugged into my stereo amp and the volume control works great

Other thing to consider is switching on the hdmi setting on both 4000 and your tv so that when you switch 4000 on/off it automatically switches your tv on/off

Works peachy for me

When you control volume from your remote are you controlling the TV, or just the volume from the 4000 (blue on-screen graphic)?

When you control volume from your remote are you controlling the TV, or just the volume from the 4000 (blue on-screen graphic)?
The 4000 has built in volume control and that's what it controls (blue graphic) and in my case it controls my amp volume

The 4000 has built in volume control and that's what it controls (blue graphic) and in my case it controls my amp volume

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

My Humax Youview remote volume is programmable to trigger the TVs volume, and that works much better for me - especially when switching sources.

If only I could find a way to replicate this functionality...

Logitech Harmony. The volume/mute controls punch through to the TV's volume settings regardless of the current control channel, by default.

Logitech Harmony. The volume/mute controls punch through to the TV's volume settings regardless of the current control channel, by default.
I have attempted to introduce a Harmony One to the mix, but to say there is some resistance from family members would be an understatement. This volume issue, and the annoying lack of an 'info' button are the things we are just going to have to get used to - why can't I easily get info on a live programme?

The old Youview box worked well, but became increasingly laggy & unresponsive.

I have attempted to introduce a Harmony One to the mix, but to say there is some resistance from family members would be an understatement. This volume issue, and the annoying lack of an 'info' button are the things we are just going to have to get used to - why can't I easily get info on a live programme?

The old Youview box worked well, but became increasingly laggy & unresponsive.
The info you get is very poor but you get by clicking ok ok
The tv guide graphics (well just TEXT really) are big and clumsy telling virtually nothing about what's on (not even the year of a movie) leaving constantly reaching for more info, and because the 4000 has no info window like other pvrs you have to click a button, and then it takes an absolute age to appear, and when it does appear it takes up the whole screen with no preview window of live TV and to the annoyance of others watching. The tv guide is very very poor and desperately needs a lot of work

Back