Unknown Icons?

Jad22

Hi, I have looked all over for info on what the red numbers mean on top of File Icons in the File Media Browser. Is this something I should be cleaning up on the disc.
Regards
Jad

You are probably seeing the Unwatched recording count (which can be toggled on/off on the settingings page)

My wife is fastidious when it comes to deleting all watched episodes, so when these numbers are as high as 457 for episodes of EastEnders its just not possible. Some other number go up to 600+
Is it to do with a count of previous recorded and watched and then deleted episodes.
Regards
Jad

I did what you said and set the unwatched count indicator to NO in settings and they disappeared. Thank you for that, I still don't quite understand the context though. Everything we watch gets deleted. Our Hard disc is amazingly clean.
However all done thanks.
Jad

But deleting WATCHED stuff will not affect these counts as they relate to UNWATCHED.
Or have I missed something in this conversation.

I've tried to upload an image file to show you the problem but I keep getting image upload errors. However, before I turned them off in settings, just about every folder icon in the browse folder icon list had red ellipse with a white number in it. Some numbers where as high as 650 ish. This I not causing a problem, just didn't know what they meant.

Can I just ask another quick question. I have installed the auto unprotect and this is working, but for auto decrypt do I need to go to the Browse Media section and set the Opt+ auto decrypt (or recursive) for each of the folders I want to share on my PC, is this done overnight. Also if I want to manually decrypt how is this done.
Sorry for lots of questions I'm reading everything as fast as possible but some things I cant find.
Regards
Jad.

Hi Harvey, I set the Unwatched count in setting to NO and they disappeared. Even though there are only a few Unwatched folders with programs in the list. So the error must be that my system is showing false numbers of Unwatched programs. Of course this means I cant get an indication of what are actually unwatched programs.
Regards
Jad

Can I just ask another quick question. I have installed the auto unprotect and this is working, but for auto decrypt do I need to go to the Browse Media section and set the Opt+ auto decrypt (or recursive) for each of the folders I want to share on my PC, is this done overnight. Also if I want to manually decrypt how is this done.

If you set auto decrypt at folder level the items in that folder are automatically decrypted in the background whilst the Hummy is on. It usually kicks in soon after selection for existing recordings or shortly after completion for new recordings.

To decrypt a single file select opt+ decrypt against the specific file. Again it will kick in shortly after selecting.

I can't remember what triggers the decrypt cycle timing -somebody will know- but it's pretty soon.

EDIT: I mean't to emphasise that the Hummy must be on (not in standby) for the process to run, if you tern hummy off decryption will stop and restart when next turned on.

I've been messing with the Humax most of today, and found that I was having difficulty logging into the CF. I have a wireless dongle (their own) and this has worked OK with the Portal for the last couple of years. However I was about to give up when I thought I would move the dongle to the front USB from the back. Immediate solution! everything working as fast as ever, the simple things eh!. Also, I decrypted a file and then converted to mpg and was able to use my Smart Sony Bravia (in another room) to play (stream) the video with perfect sound etc. It was recorded as SD so will keep experimenting with HD. I'm trying to get VLC to use UPnP but I'm finding the latest version (2.1.5) keeps crashing when you try and click on Local network - UPnP. Haven't been able to get XMBC to work either, any hints or snippets would be useful.
Regards Jad

VLC 2.2 (out soon) may fix it. Till then XBMC is working a treat. SD and HD. decrypted and crypted.

Back