Updated to 3.03 (03.03.2015) now getting constant loop crash.

The Terrahawk

Checked SHA. Then updated to 3.03 (03.03.2015) now getting constant loop crash.
Only on Channel 4+1 and Dave ???
Any thoughts?
Terrahawk

Checked SHA The reinstalled 3.03 (03.03.2015) now getting constant loop crash on BBC News HD & E4+1.
Any thoughts now?
Terrahawk

SHA. Similar to UPD. One which no one understands:roflmao:
Sorry to disagree Trev, but the use of the SHA acronym is very common in computer/IT parlance. On the other hand, I agree that UPD is not.
Regardless of the facts, and considering the history, unnecessarily commenting on BH's choice of terminology is inflammatory, rather than amusing. The addition of an emoticon is not a license to stir the s**t. If you want to deliberately rekindle the debate on this particular thorny subject I suggest you do it in the Hummy Arms, not here in this thread where it is definitely off topic.

OK, with you now.

Sorry SHA or SHA-1 was such a bamboozling nightmare. I only meant it in the nicest of terms...The little prezzie that is...
Thanks for the help, it was my wife's phone on the same IP address.
Safe to say life's too short for meres to worry about exactisms.
(Did you see that a new word... Exactisms)

The Humax IP was fixed. The mobile was desperate to connect to the network and it was offered Humax IP as it was switched off at the time. It's better to bind all MAC addresses to IPs as it will stop any confusion for the Router.

Last edited:
Hang on. Are you saying an IP address clash can crash the box?
We often get people on here who are having problems with IP clashes but I don't recall them having crashes, just failing to connect to the network. So is this a new feature, or is there something particular about this box (or phone)?

The lack of previous examples does not prove it can 't happen. This example (alone) creates a hypothesis which needs to be tested in a controlled manner to become fact, but the observation is sufficient to list it as a potential cause of crashes.

Hang on. Are you saying an IP address clash can crash the box?
We often get people on here who are having problems with IP clashes but I don't recall them having crashes, just failing to connect to the network. So is this a new feature, or is there something particular about this box (or phone)?
Due to the fact my wife's phone was desperate to get connected to the router my wife's phone was given the IP 192.168.0.9. That IP is Bound by the router to Humax. But, the router gave it that IP address anyway. Her phone did not work on that IP address as it was assigned another IP address but could not connect to it as it was being used. So, technically phone was connected to IP address that would not transmit anything either way. Then, when I switched on the Humax, it was blocked by her phone confusing the router and the inevitable crash of Humax as it could not connect to the network as the router was obviously saying no, the phone was connected to its spot on the IP addresses. So, as it tried to connect to router every time the connection was refused by the router the Humax got upset cried and then it Crashed.
Simple really.

Can you clarify what actions you have taken to get the Humax "bound by the router"?
It sounds like you may have set a fixed IP address in the Humax rather than telling the router to always hand out the same address to the Humax.
The former approach only works reliably if you fix the address OUTSIDE the routers DHCP range. The latter is the "correct" way to handle it.

Can you clarify what actions you have taken to get the Humax "bound by the router"?
It sounds like you may have set a fixed IP address in the Humax rather than telling the router to always hand out the same address to the Humax.
The former approach only works reliably if you fix the address OUTSIDE the routers DHCP range. The latter is the "correct" way to handle it.

I bind my MACS to their respective IPs as in Pic attached.
Also IP addresses are usually fixed on their respective devices.
Binding MACS.JPG

Simple really.

Yes, it looks simple.
I understand your hypothesis, but you are not, by a very long way, the first person to come here with problems of the Humax falling foul of IP address conflicts.
However, you are the first (AFAIK) where there is a suggestion that it is causing the box to crash - in all other cases the box has simply been unable to communicate, as one would expect.
So not that simple.

That's the wrong way to do things. But I'm sure you'll insist it works for you... except when it doesn't.
However, it may be the only practical way to effect it.
I speak as one who was quite happy to bind the IPs on the router, but had to change method when I found that my (enforced change) new router showed the IPs as bound to MACs, but then handed out 'random' IPs from the DHCP pool if the devices were set to use DHCP!!

Back