Upgrading from 9200T ?

tonyb61

I'm thinking of upgrading my 9200T to a HDR-FOX T2.
I had a couple of questions.

What apps are supported on the humax tv portal ? Iplayer ? other channels catch up ? Youtube ? Lovefilm ? Or where can I see a list ?

The box seems to be capable of being a DLNA digital media renderer, so can it definitely play audio/video from a DLNA media server on my pc ?

Dos it have audio line out ?

Thanks
Tony

There is a great deal of information already on the forum (and other forums, and the user manual is available on-line). However, briefly:

iPlayer? - Yes

Other channels catch up? - No

Youtube? - Yes

Lovefilm? - No

Or where can I see a list? - At present: BBC iPlayer; Wiki@TV; Flickr; YouTube; Picasa; Teletext Holidays. Internet Radio is off line at the moment but is expected to make a re-appearance. The custom software adds a few back-door services, in particular Sky Player (which could stop working at any time).

Can it definitely play audio/video from a DLNA media server on my PC? - Yes

Does it have audio line out? - Yes

Thanks for the info.
From what I gather humax has switched it's development in this area to youview so probably that list is it ?

Not sure whether worth doing it with such limited support. Maybe I should go for another digital media renderer to add internet support to my TV ?

But the HD ability would be nice, and presumably the bug list on the PVR capabilities is reduced on the DVRFox T2 compared to my old 9200T ?

From what I gather humax has switched it's development in this area to youview so probably that list is it ?
The main YouView software is standard across all manufacturers so the YouView box probably isn't taking up a vast amount of Humax development effort.
Maybe I should go for another digital media renderer to add internet support to my TV ?

It depends what your priorities are. If you want primarily a PVR (that does quite a lot of other things but not everything) then this is a very good box; if you want primarily a digital media renderer then you want something else.
But the HD ability would be nice, and presumably the bug list on the PVR capabilities is reduced on the DVRFox T2 compared to my old 9200T ?
There are still a few quirks but this is a very good PVR which in our experience works significantly better than the 9200 in a number of ways.

Back