Upnp server

Hi

I am struggling to get xbmc to see my humax as a upnp server and I think it is the humax at fault.

I have a upnp browser app on my phone and that also does not see the humax.

Content sharing is turned on but I am at a loss as to what is wrong and how to test.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

I am struggling to get xbmc to see my humax as a upnp server and I think it is the humax at fault.

I have a upnp browser app on my phone and that also does not see the humax.

Content sharing is turned on but I am at a loss as to what is wrong and how to test.
How is the Humax connected to your router? What IP address is the Humax reporting?

The humax is on wifi and has the same IP address it has always had. 192.168.1.69.

I set all my devices with a reservation in the dhcp on the router so that I know what they are.

I can get on the webif of the humax on my machine so it must have that ipaddress.

OK, so you have custom firmware. Do you also decrypt in place? If so, the DLNA server must be working because that's how on-the-box custom decryption works.

I see nobody mentioned that you might need Media Tomb.

Not that I was experimenting this morning and I needed it with a UPNP Android app that had been recommended (MediaHouse). Without MediaTomb it didn't work. I had taken Media Tomb out as a package but now put it back in.

I see there is an old thread, see post 3.

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/how-do-i-set-up-media-tomb-on-t2.2703/

No I do not have media tomb installed but I never have and it was working.

Media Tomb is good on the HD-FOX as it does not have a DLNA/ upnp server, but I am not sure if there are clear advantages over the inbuilt HDR-FOX server. Your issues are probably at the Windows end (EDIT: assuming Windows is your OS, of course); it can take a while for the server to be recognised and, in my experience, sometimes the connection to the Humax gets dropped and then reappears a few minutes later.

When I'm not listening to Scottish Folk and sober I'll experiment with Mediahouse and Media Tomb again - this morning it certainly needed it installed to work. I had deleted Media Tomb previously to keep the HDR box lean in so far as those remote freeze ups.

When I'm not listening to Scottish Folk and sober I'll experiment with Mediahouse and Media Tomb again - this morning it certainly needed it installed to work. I had deleted Media Tomb previously to keep the HDR box lean in so far as those remote freeze ups.
On my Nexus 7, Mediahouse works fine with the standard HDR-FOX DLNA server. I did have trouble a few weeks ago though, but this went away with an update. Check for a Mediahouse update and see what happens. Skifta is also good as a DLNA client on android.

Is there a better way of sharing the media from the humax instead of upnp. Could I install samba on the humax and do it that way. I am using xbmc as the client if it makes a difference.

You can indeed, but content shared by SMB or NFS will have to be decrypted first (sharing by DLNA decrypts on the fly).

Back