Using more than 1 Humax box in the same room

Interesting! When I got a Harmony Touch to review, one of my gripes was that the software walked you through checking a few codes on the remote but then totally ignored the results. They must have got it working now, 18 months later!

The Touch is in a draw somewhere. Not enough buttons for my liking, so I use a 900 instead. Also, it seemed restrictive only to have one set of favourite channels on one activity. I could not live with that!

I reckon the Harmony App is just a web page working in a web browser window, like many Apps.

without wanting to get too off-topic...

I set up my Harmony a couple of months ago, so perhaps this is a new thing (having it working). It certainly worked here, thank goodness.

Re Touch & not enough buttons - I find it useful that each button can take two actions: short & long press, although remembering them can be a struggle. And then there's the LCD for the full set of actions, but that's not ideal. Still, it's the best I've found so far. I very much like the new Harmony system, in that your setup is stored centrally and so isn't lost when the remote dies. And being able to have multiple Harmony remotes, and still operate my PS3 with them too: ideal.

The new Harmony app is definitely a standalone app, at least on MacOS. Although it may just be a Silverlight shell, still. But it definitely is running separately from the browser (albeit using the Silverlight browser plugin). This is very new - it was still a web app a few months ago.

apols for OT

I very much like the new Harmony system, in that your setup is stored centrally and so isn't lost when the remote dies. And being able to have multiple Harmony remotes, and still operate my PS3 with them too: ideal.

Me too, but it isn't new. Logitech have been storing your setup online for years. The 900 uses the older Harmony "program", but the effect is all the same. (The program has always been a web app as far as I can see.)

I am not so keen on having to have separate logins for each remote, mind you. They could have had multiple profiles within one login.

I am a hardbuttonist. Within each activity, I reserve the touch screen on the 900 for selecting activities, and then for displaying that activity's favourites. I rarely need to flip over to the commands display, since most are assigned to hard buttons and are immediately accessible. (Including the number pad.)

I only have one login, yet have two remotes: Harmony Touch and the more basic Smart Control one. That may be because it's a hub-based setup?

I only have one login, yet have two remotes: Harmony Touch and the more basic Smart Control one. That may be because it's a hub-based setup?

I have two Harmony 900s. To set them up, I have to use a different ID/Email on the login page. It was the same when I had a previous Harmony remote (785?).

I only have one Harmony Touch, so having multiple remotes on the MyHarmony site is irrelevant to me. Nor does the MyHarmony site allow me to handle my 900. It is not compatible with some of their range, for some remote reason.

Not all six versions of the remote work.

Anyway, the 900 uses this software:

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/support/3806?section=downloads&bit=&osid=-1&softwareFile=on

It was the standard software until the current range was introduced, I believe. Previous remotes had a Favourites for each activity, but MyHarmony dumbed this down.

Last edited by a moderator:

From the Hummy.org.uk site, that is now suspended: Originally posted by Barry

Multi Code function HDR remote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revealed exclusively to Hummy.org members.
If you are using more than one receiver in the same location you can change the remote control frequency so that the remote control commands do not conflict.
(This is only relevant to the Foxsat HD, HDR, and HDCI 5000, and HD/HDR-FOX T2 freeview products.)

1. Switch on your TV set and the Humax product that you wish to change the remote code.
2. Make sure that the other Humax product that you do not wish to control is in Standby or powered OFF at the mains.
3. Point the remote control towards the remote control sensor of the target receiver.
4. Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds until the PVR button on the remote stays red.
5. A message will appear on the TV screen:

"You can change the remote control mode.
Press a Numeric Key (<1> ~ <6>) to select the mode
Current mode: Mode 1."

6. Press a NUMERIC button (from 1 to 6) to select a different mode.
7. A message confirming the change of Mode will appear on screen.

I'll try this, but I don't think it's the issue. I don't have another Humax product in the room, so it's not a frequency clash.

And, interestingly, the problem goes away for a while after a hard restart (which is needed periodically, when the box becomes completely unresponsive to the remote.

From the Hummy.org.uk site, that is now suspended: Originally posted by Barry

Multi Code function HDR remote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revealed exclusively to Hummy.org members.
If you are using more than one receiver in the same location you can change the remote control frequency so that the remote control commands do not conflict.
(This is only relevant to the Foxsat HD, HDR, and HDCI 5000, and HD/HDR-FOX T2 freeview products.)

1. Switch on your TV set and the Humax product that you wish to change the remote code.
2. Make sure that the other Humax product that you do not wish to control is in Standby or powered OFF at the mains.
3. Point the remote control towards the remote control sensor of the target receiver.
4. Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds until the PVR button on the remote stays red.
5. A message will appear on the TV screen:

"You can change the remote control mode.
Press a Numeric Key (<1> ~ <6>) to select the mode
Current mode: Mode 1."

6. Press a NUMERIC button (from 1 to 6) to select a different mode.
7. A message confirming the change of Mode will appear on screen.

Am new to this forum - initially was looking for solution to 'Green Screen' (and found it).
I couldn't believe my luck in also finding this posting as previously have resorted to a bit of insulating tape stuck over the sensor of one of my Hummy's to prevent unwanted channel changes and recording things I didn't want :(

Two problems solved in 30 minutes.

Thanks all :doublethumbsup:

Adrian

I turned off my freeview box before changing the channel on my new freesat box. I should have turned it off at the wall, because I managed to change both boxes into channel 2!

Ok then, thought I, I'll turn off the freesat box at the wall, and use the freesat remote to put the freeview box back into channel 1 - but it didn't work properly. I got the pop up asking me to choose a new channel, but nothing happened when I pressed the number keys, and now neither box will respond to either remote!

Where do I go from here?

Edit: I figured it out! It turns out the freesat remote was controlling the freeview box, but not the freesat box. I've been using a one for all with my freeview box, because the standard humax one, and it's replacement, broke.

I had to use the freesat remote to put the freeview box onto channel 2, so now the remote is controlling both boxes again, then put them both onto channel 1 so my one for all works, then turn off freeview at the wall and use the humax remote to put freesat onto channel 2.

Whew! Now, if anybody has a fox, a chicken, and some corn to take across a river, I'm your man!

Last edited:
The Gotcha is that to change mode on a box, you need the Humax remote to have the correct mode. I am not sure you can even change modes with a URC such as the Harmony range. Can you record what the Humax remote emits when you press 0+OK?

The Gotcha is that to change mode on a box, you need the Humax remote to have the correct mode. I am not sure you can even change modes with a URC such as the Harmony range. Can you record what the Humax remote emits when you press 0+OK?
You can change the mode on the HDR-Fox boxes with the custom firmware - see http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/harmony-700.3748/#post-45008

It should be possible to record the various codes that the original remote sends during the process too.

Worked a treat for me, I have a Sony DVD recorder which switched off my Foxsat HDR off when using the remote upstairs in my bedroom, through an infra-red sender. I though I had a serious problem with my HDR, not realising what the problem was.
I did buy a HD and a HDR together and installed the HDR, after opening the HD box the remotes were the same, I tried the remote on my HDR, it did work the HDR box, so I left the HD it in the box and emailed support and they told me there was nothing I could do, so I took the box back and bought a different receiver which was really buggy and was rarely used.
Great share thanks.

So if I can get back to one of the earlier posts from somebody who couldn't get their box into a position where the remote frequency could be changed, I find myself with this problem and wondered if anybody has found a definitive answer to this one without me having to start to think about Harmony's etc. To summarise I have two HDR-FOX T2's and two remotes. Any combination of the two proves fruitless to get into the mode where I can alter remote freq. I've tried cold boots; pressing zero first and holding, then holding OK; pressing OK first and holding, then holding zero. The PVR light will not come on after 5 secs at all. Holding zero first, flashes the PVR indicator (displaying ---0 on screen) but goes off when holding OK. Holding OK first produces channel list with holding zero having no affect. Both Hummy's using CFW 3.00. II've also tried holding both buttons hard at the same time to no avail. Any further ideas before I go and bang my head on another wall...................???

Back