Using more than 1 Humax box in the same room

grahamlthompson

From the Hummy.org.uk site, that is now suspended: Originally posted by Barry

Multi Code function HDR remote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revealed exclusively to Hummy.org members.
If you are using more than one receiver in the same location you can change the remote control frequency so that the remote control commands do not conflict.

This is relevant to the following Satellite Products,
Foxsat HD, HDR, HDCI 5000, HDR-1000/1010/1100S, HB-1000S

Also relevant to the following Terrestrial Products,
HD/HDR-FOX T2, HDR-1800/2000T, FVP-4000T, FVP-5000T

1. Switch on your TV set and the Humax product that you wish to change the remote code.
2. Make sure that the other Humax product that you do not wish to control is in Standby or powered OFF at the mains.
3. Point the remote control towards the remote control sensor of the target receiver.
4. Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds until the PVR button on the remote stays red.
5. A message will appear on the TV screen:

"You can change the remote control mode.
Press a Numeric Key (<1> ~ <6>) to select the mode
Current mode: Mode 1."

6. Press a NUMERIC button (from 1 to 6) to select a different mode.
7. A message confirming the change of Mode will appear on screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting... I have two in the same room but only one remote - I'm ashamed to say I put half a washing powder box over the front of the one I don't want to disturb (treating a fox as a budgie sometimes amuses me - that's how pathetic I am).

Ideally (?) I'd like to set one of the other IR channels on my single remote to suit the second Fox. Preferably DVD or Audio, but I'm happy to lose TV if I have to. I've read the manual a few times but I can't see anything in there that would make it anything but a lottery.

Of course it could never work unless each IR channel has access to all the buttons?

Failing that, your method would certainly make it worth my while buying a programmable remote (hopefully one of the Poundland ones) - with the added advantage of not having to put messy labels on 2 Humax remotes!

Cheers.

Fairly sure that what you want to do is not possible. I think a trip to the pound shop is in order, or if you want to spend more money, get a Harmony.

Interesting... I have two in the same room but only one remote - I'm ashamed to say I put half a washing powder box over the front of the one I don't want to disturb (treating a fox as a budgie sometimes amuses me - that's how pathetic I am).

Ideally (?) I'd like to set one of the other IR channels on my single remote to suit the second Fox. Preferably DVD or Audio, but I'm happy to lose TV if I have to. I've read the manual a few times but I can't see anything in there that would make it anything but a lottery.

Of course it could never work unless each IR channel has access to all the buttons?

Failing that, your method would certainly make it worth my while buying a programmable remote (hopefully one of the Poundland ones) - with the added advantage of not having to put messy labels on 2 Humax remotes!

Cheers.

The Harmony remote controls can also be set to work two (or more) Humax devices in the same room. What two devices do you have ? Do you have a smart phone or tablet ?

If you have two HDR FOX T2's install the Custom firmware on both, you can control 1 with the original remote or both via the web interface on anything with a browser.

Last edited:
Take a look in the manual and you will see that only specific kinds of equipment can be allocated to each mode button - the subsets that correspond with the labels on the buttons. It's not even possible to allocate the PVR itself to one of the other buttons, so you are on a hiding to nothing.

From the Hummy.org.uk site, that is now suspended: Originally posted by Barry

Multi Code function HDR remote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revealed exclusively to Hummy.org members.
If you are using more than one receiver in the same location you can change the remote control frequency so that the remote control commands do not conflict.
[snip]

I've just tried this on one of my HDR-FOX T2 boxes and something went wrong: it appears that the change took effect on either the remote or the box, but not on the other, so the remote no longer communicates with the box. Is there a way to resolve this?

You should be able to repeat the same process to select a new frequency.. alternatively, if you have the custom firmware installed there's a way to reset the mode from the command line that I'd have to look up..

Back