[ir] Web-based Remote Control

yep! but not until this afternoon. I'll get back to you... Surely I'm not the only person running Win8 though, even if it IS a pile of doggy doo...

First I recall hearing about! I also hear 8.1 will bring back proper functionality for those of us who do not wish to reach for the monitor!!

yep! but not until this afternoon. I'll get back to you... Surely I'm not the only person running Win8 though, even if it IS a pile of doggy doo...

Sorry if I am adding to this off topic but with a "START button" replacement like http://www.startisback.com/. Brings it all back like windows 7. But better. love windows 8 now. (not tried the remote part as yet as I don't need it)

OK, slightly later than yesterday afternoon... anyway... Tried on a win 7 computer with same problem, and then dug out an XP netbook, and that didn't do anything at all! Refreshing the page (Ctrl F5) doesn't help, although I think shuttinng down and reopening the browser does. I can't check this at mo as I'm typinng here!

Re Win8 - I use a Win7 emulator on top, to give me all the proper functionality back!

The virtual RC has disappeared (HDR1, don't know about HDR3). I've tried a reboot, but still nothing.

On another subject, it would be convenient if there was a power button short-cut on the WebIF home page.

Can you expand on disappeared? Has it gone from the main menu screen and dropdown toolbar? That would usually mean that the ir pacakge is no longer installed properly. Perhaps try a force re-install on that?

I checked the package management, and ir has gone from "installed" to "available" (no, I am not imagining it, ir was definitely installed and operational). I tried fix-flash-packages prior to this, to no avail.

Clicking "install" and a reboot has fixed it, and I didn't have to tell it I am using Mode 2 (the WebIF settings either detected it or had the info hanging around from before).

Mystery.

af123 has released a new version of the ir package i.e. ver. 1.07, this version adds control of the Humax Remote control 'Modes' e.g. :-

To enable the TV screen Mode Display / Set function :-
Code:
humax# ir CURMODE MODE

To set MODE1 from the command line :-
Code:
humax# ir CURMODE MODE DELAY2 MODE1

Forum Link HERE

New ir keywords added are :-
Code:
MODE   - 70
MODE1  - 71
MODE2  - 72
MODE3  - 73
MODE4  - 74
MODE5  - 75
MODE6  - 76
CURMODE - 7f

I have been using this as my custom map file:
Code:
1f::VOL+ disable
46:1f,1f,1f,1f,1f,1f,1f,1f,1f:SUB > MP4 Vol Restore
40:VOL- disable
45:40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40:AUDIO > MP4 Vol Reduce
The purpose is to disable the normal volume buttons, and use buttons I don't normally use to do a block decrease or increase in volume to compensate for the large difference in levels between TV/.ts and .mp4 (typically iPlayer streams/downloads).

What I find is that if I accidentally press a volume button, the HDR turns off!

Edit: I just realised there is a missing colon!! I will try a few things and see if that is definitely the cause.

It likely is.. "VOL- disable" will probably resolve to zero, which is the power off signal : )

If you have ir3 debug turned on, you can find some relevant diagnostic output in humaxtv.log

Yeah, that fixed it. Required a reboot to get the updated map file loaded. I've had this happen a few times over the months, but not when I have had my thinking head on (when I had my thinking head on I wouldn't have tried changing the Humax volume!).

The mobile version of ir seems to have stopped working for me, the desktop version on humax-ip-address/plugin/ir/remote.jim works fine and the commands can be viewed in /var/log/humaxtv.log, but although humax-ip-address/plugin/ir/m/index.jim, displays the picture of the Remote Control I can't get either the laptop, tablet or smart-phone I have tried to initiate any commands to be logged in the humaxtv.log or to have any affect on the Humax itself

ir version = 1.07
web-if = 1.0.6-8
CFW = 1.02.32 + 2.16 (build 1691)

Funny you should say that, HDR3 was failing to respond to the virtual remote a day or two ago, but is fine now. (Note: not using the mobile version)

I recorded a macro but realised that using up/down button presses produces different results depending on which setting is selected for e.g. when pressing menu it could have different options already selected so the macro does not produce the4 sameresult.

Is it possible to work in absolute values say menu/settings/video etc. ?

You can only record key presses in your macro to simulate 'real' remote control key presses, there isn't a 'start from here' key, so you would have to build something in get to a known state, a series of 'EXIT' key presses at the start of the macro might do the trick. I think there are always going to be instances where the key sequence will have to be changed depending on what the user can see on the TV screen, which would make a macro useless

Back