[ir] Web-based Remote Control

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm thinking handset macros. There are two buttons I have no use for (SUB and the one to the left) which could be press-ganged into "MP4 Vol Dn" and "MP4 Vol Up" if the map file could take something like:

<input>:<output1>,<output2>,...:<remark>

Version 1.06 adds support for macros including delays.

Here's an example /mod/boot/ir3.map that moves some buttons around, disables volume controls and puts a macro on the Subtitle button.
Code:
0e:43:MENU -> INFO
1f::VOL+ disabled
40::VOL- disabled
4d:43:LIST becomes INFO
43:4d:INFO becomes LIST
46:40,40,40,f2,c,3,a:Subtitle button = VOL-, VOL-, VOL-, WAIT 2 seconds, 0, 1, 8

Delays can be added to macros by using fX where X is the number of seconds to wait as a hex digit, so f1 for a second, f9 for 9 seconds, fb for 11 seconds up to fe for 14 seconds. A delay code cannot be used in the first position of a macro; it wouldn't make much sense there anyway.

I'll be interested to see what people use this for!

Thanks. Already installed, and I have big step volume reduction and volume increase (8 steps*) programmed onto the existing volume buttons for MP4 playback (iPlayer is much louder than normal broadcast). Normal volume adjustment will be via the TV. I may have to reconsider this because my HD/Qumi (projector) combination has no other (convenient) volume adjustment, so I may change this function onto the audio and sub buttons.

* This needs 9 commands in the macro, because the first one brings up the volume slider rather than actually changing it.

Are you going to do away with the "special" substitutions now? You could tidy it up without affecting things by reading the settings and creating a definition to suit.

Are you going to do away with the "special" substitutions now? You could tidy it up without affecting things by reading the settings and creating a definition to suit.

No, I'll leave those there as shortcuts, probably indefinitely. The map method obviously provides much more flexibility and could be used to achieve the same as the other options - including the blocking of mode icons but there's no harm in the explicit options. I just don't need to add a myriad more now : )

How do they interact? Does enabling a map file over-ride the other options? Are there any performance implications?

How do they interact? Does enabling a map file over-ride the other options? Are there any performance implications?

The map's processed last if it's enabled and the map acts on the original remote code, not the potentially modified one from the option processing. Really, if you're using a map then you should do everything in there and leave the other options off.

I know you should, but defensive programming...

How about an update to the WebIF so that enabling the map file disables the other options.

A query has arisen in THIS TOPIC (click) that could be solved by extending the ir package (or possibly the support for ir in the WebIF) to include a special start-up macro which executes once the Humax has booted and is stable.

I was thinking about setting up a handset macro that would apply DHCP (assigned to the unused SLEEP button), because quite often my Devolos have not woken up in time for when the Humax tries on boot, and a macro would mean not having to turn on the telly to do it. However, I can't find a reliable series of key presses - the cascading menus tend to remember where they were and not always start in the same state, so unless there are direct codes I don't know about the macro would only be sure to work immediately after boot.

Which brings us back to an auto-start macro, which could be used to force a DHCP (hopefully the Devolos would have woken up by then).

I would have thought a script ran at OS level could monitor IP address of 0.0.0.0 and refresh dhcp request rather than trying to do it through remote control presses into the GUI? Any reason you can't just run a fixed IP on it?

Yes, a lan-helper package has been contemplated (it would actually be looking for the default 192.0.2.100), but in the mean time a start-up macro facility could kill more birds with one stone and be configurable by the less skilled (like me).

I do not regard manually assigned addresses per device the best option, I prefer to manage them from one place - ie the router control panel.

A query has arisen in THIS TOPIC (click) that could be solved by extending the ir package (or possibly the support for ir in the WebIF) to include a special start-up macro which executes once the Humax has booted and is stable.
If you create macro called boot then it will be played upon boot. I added it but have never really done any experimentation (nor apparently announced it as available).

Is there a way to insert delays into recorded macros? I had a skim back through the topic and haven't spotted anything. I think the boot macro would be easier to set up in the ir3.map file.

Hi, newbie poster here!
I thought I'd add my observations, as I'm also having trouble with repeated key presses. Each button works once, but only once. refreshing the page doesn't have any effect. Unlike the previous reports though, this is running on a laptop, Windows 8, and IE10. I believe all my CFW, Webif and IR package are up to date!
Cheers,
Dave

Back