[ir] Web-based Remote Control

Wow!
Got it installed and it works perfectly on iPhones and iPads

Why is it hidden away in advanced plugins when it works so well?

Thanks for yet another feature :)

This is on a HDR T2 running the latest and greatest.

Why is it hidden away in advanced plugins when it works so well?

Glad you like it : )
It's normal with new packages to leave them in the advanced list for a while until they have been proven with a wider audience. Don't worry, it will be in the standard package list soon!

I think the article in your link is referring to the Infra Red codes e.g. the binary sequence transmitted between the Remotes IR emitter and the Humax's IR detector, these codes are not used by the Web-If Remote controller (IR) package as the codes it uses are the internal HEX codes that get translated inside the Humax after receiving the transmitted binary stream. you would have to capture the IR stream directly from a Humax Remote as a 'learning' remote control such as the ALL-4-One or the Harmony remotes do

Awesome work. Could a link be added on the webif-iphone page that takes you to the mobile version of the remote control?

As usual, awesome work folks! This looks like it might open up a few new options. A few ideas (feel free to shoot them down or advise if they were previously possible and I missed how to do them!)
1) auto decrypt for the fox-hd (previously this was only possible by manually rebooting into HDR mode and copying using the remote right?)
2) change channel directly from the webif epg
3) auto download of iplayer programs on the hd after midnight (when my broadband usage isn't limited) - I'm not sure if the ir package actually helps with this but it would be pretty awesome nonetheless!

1) I guess you are proposing using HDR mode on the HD and doing a copy to USB using ir, I think this would be possible
2) I think this would be possible with ir
3) The HD doesn't store BBC I-Player streams like the HDR does and I'm not sure how ir would change this

The HD-FOX can be made to store iPlayer streams if you do it in HDR Mode. Not sure whether that would help.

A significant issue would be predicting the exact sequence of key presses required to initiate the download. Initiating HDR Mode requires a type of restart, so the IR injection process would have to be written to persist across that restart (ditto the decryption idea).

1) I guess you are proposing using HDR mode on the HD and doing a copy to USB using ir, I think this would be possible
Yeah that's what I was thinking of. As Black Hole suggests I think some prediction of key presses would be required, but as the system should know the names of everything in all the folders I think it should be possible?

3) The HD doesn't store BBC I-Player streams like the HDR does and I'm not sure how ir would change this
The HD-FOX can be made to store iPlayer streams if you do it in HDR Mode. Not sure whether that would help.
Again I was thinking about having a cron job reboot the HD into HDR mode sometime in the early hours, then have the ir command sequence fed in to activate iplayer and play the programme, then when it is done copy it from the temporary area and rename it so it is permanently stored.

I don't know if it is something that others would find useful, but it's definitely something that I would use a LOT to stop me running up against my download limit each month.

Unfortunately my programming skills aren't really up to attempting this stuff myself and I feel a bit bad making requests of people that are working for free, so obviously feel free to completely ignore my crazy ideas. But if you don't ask then you don't get!

There seems to be a problem with the channel shortcut list. I added channels before the recent LCN changes, as a result the HD channels are now missing. If I go into the shortcut list editor, the listing in the 'add to quick-list' window falls over when it encounters the first LCN which is no longer present - 20. The partial error message is:

Runtime Error: settings.jim:57: can't rea...

The rest of the error message is obscured by the window pane.

I think some prediction of key presses would be required, but as the system should know the names of everything in all the folders I think it should be possible?

The key presses would be quite a problem, it would be a lot easyer if you just obtained the web address of the file to be downloaded, then you wouldn't need BBC-Iplayer you could use wget like this
Code:
wget http://electradl.iplayer.bbc.co.uk/windowsmedia/prod/lo/Rastamouse_Series_One_Episode_11_b00ytj6m_1350241200_mobile.wmv

Note:- although the above does download a file, it is a wmv file probably DRMed so it won't play on the Humax, it's just an example

I'm having a problem with the ir setup.

When I try to add channels on the Favourite Channels pane, it says "No Options".

I've tried it on iPad and Internet Explorer.

This is a reinstall after a disk reformat.
I have rebooted after ir install.

I managed to set it up ok when the ir was first released.

I'm having a problem with the ir setup.

When I try to add channels on the Favourite Channels pane, it says "No Options".

Same here, there was a new version of ir released 3 days ago (Ver. 1.0.1), so a problem may have been introduced

Back