[ir] Web-based Remote Control

Loaded up IR last week, absolutely awesome. Thanks af123.

Two questions...
(1) When the standard page is viewed on an iphone, the macro recorder dialog obscures the media and menu buttons so that they can't be used to start a macro. My PC is upstairs and no where near the TV so my first macros were all handwritten. Could the pop-up be moved to below the shortcuts / macros lists so that the image of the remote is not obscured? Apologies if the functionality to record macros is within the mobile version - if it's there I'm being a bit of a dunce and can't find it.

(2) Is there anyway that the currently selected item within the media library can be made known so it can be manipulated? Say the file structure is:
All
Folder 1
Folder 2
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3

and "Item 2" in "Folder 2" was the last to be played. The next time the media button is pressed, it will go back to this position. I'd like to send an IR macro that would to reposition to pointer back to All.

BTW is it me, or it everyone's "All" folder empty?

My HDR was brand new - or so I thought - and has an All folder in My Video.
I assumed it was some clever Linux filesystem thing that would get populated with links to every video, a bit like "All Songs" on a music player or indeed the list that gets presented to dlna clients.
It's never bothered me that it never did anything but it's curious that it exists at all.

Well, I can't speak for anybody else but I don't have an "All" folder on two HDR-FOXes - it sounds very peculiar.

Unless, that is, you mean the "Upper Folder" icon, which is a link to take you up one level in the folder structure (the same as "cd .." in DOS or UNIX/Linux).

In answer to your earlier question, there is (currently) no way for the CF to get feedback from the system to know where you are in the menu structure. The CF would have to run a detailed simulation based on real and ir input, and even then there would be some undeterministic events such as when exactly a menu times out. I say currently because at one time we never expected to have ir at all!

It's definitely an "All" folder. I didn't delete it way back when as I didn't want any unforeseen loss of recordings. But if no-one else has it then I guess it can safely go.

I had looked through the various db files hoping there'd be a record kept in one of the tables but nothing jumped out at me. I'll post some follow-up thoughts on the webif thread as it's more appropriate there.

My goal is complete some jim/jquery webpages that I've been working on which display the whole of the media library in a collapsible tree.

The recording's synopsis is displayed when a file is selected and, upon further user instruction, the page initiates IR and sends the required button sequence to start the programme running locally on the HDR. The pages don't use the mobile framework, rather the desktop variety but display quite well on an iphone which is my controller of choice.

It'll take a while as I'm learning jim, jquery and javascript all at the same time. The first iteration of the concept, now abandoned, used an off-box webserver with vbscript and ADO to access a copy of the dlna database.

I still want to add functionality to search/filter the tree, have some list sorting problems to deal with, need to modify the launch script to deal with resume play and locked/unlocked files and need to make the look/feel consistent with existing webif pages.

Nevertheless the principal building blocks are there - bar one.

The problem I have is that IR needs a known starting point (i.e. the top of the tree) in order for the calculated button sequence (which is set relative to that top folder) to work. If the state of the library's pointer can be determined, then it should be possible to map a route to send it back to the top and subsequently send the command sequence to start the programme.

ir version 1.04 adds generic support for remote control key disabling and remapping.

To use it, you need to create a map file in /mod/boot/ir3.map which defines the key mapping - no GUI yet, and then enable the Use custom map file? option in the remote control settings.

You can create a sample map file from the command line:

Code:
humax# ir -map > /mod/boot/ir3.map

The generated map file doesn't remap or disable anything but has the following format:

<original keycode>:<replacement keycode>:<comment>

With a blank replacement keycode indicating that the key should be ignored.

To swap VOL+ & VOl- as well as disable MUTE, the map file would look like:

Code:
1f:40:VOL+
40:1f:VOL-
18::MUTE

The sample ir3.map file should provide a good starting point.

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm thinking handset macros. There are two buttons I have no use for (SUB and the one to the left) which could be press-ganged into "MP4 Vol Dn" and "MP4 Vol Up" if the map file could take something like:

<input>:<output1>,<output2>,...:<remark>

and if there are codes available for delays in the output string.

Even better if it could be state-aware, but that's probably asking too much!

Some WiKi notes HERE

Key Name : code mapping
AUDIO . . . . . 45
SUB . . . . . . . . 46
VOL+ . . . . . . . 1f
VOL- . . . . . . . 40

DELAY = not available from the command line (I don't think)
Multiple key presses e.g. output2 (not available I don't think)

Yes, I know these features are not available yet, post 76 proposes an extension.

It would be useful if the wiki included a complete table of the key codes.

Back