Vi, or Some Other Editor?

Nano can also be configured in tiny mode by the way.. I'm really busy with other things though so havent looked into my segfault yet.

I like the new editor navigation very much, However having navigated to a small txt file and clicking on it I get an empty edit window, Clicking on OPEN again takes me back to the navigating screen. I will power cycle the Humax when the present recording is finished to see if that makes a difference
EDIT
The above file was here /mod/tmp/dummy.txt, I created a new file here /media/My Video/dummy.txt but this time the navigator won't see any files under My Video

I'll try and replicate. What browser and OS?
I have the same problem with My Video but can open files in /mod/tmp no problems.

Ok, there is a problem with filenames containing spaces which is fixed in my development copy...

If you bring up the web console in firefox (Tools->Web Developer->Web Console) and try again does anything pop out as suspect? The request that attempts to retrieve the file's content is to get.jim and should be the last thing in that window once you have clicked on the filename.

If run in Web Console I get this

119mclh.jpg

Edit
Have also tried Windows XP SP3 Firefox 4 (Different P.C.) and Windows XP SP3 IE Ver.6 they also navigate to the dummy file but don't display it
Also power cycle = same result

Just a few lines of text, But I have tries lots of other files and non of them display

Code:
humax# cd /mod/tmp
humax# cat dummy.txt
Just
some
random word in
a file
humax#

EDIT
Not sure if it's relavent but I am running Web-If 0.9.3-1 on Custom Firmware 1.16 NOT 1.17

No, It displays nothing, I started with a blank home page and got nothing, So I ran it again with Web Console and got this. I felt the need to draw a box around the nothing for some reason

2vukiz9.jpg

At least that's consistent - anything (relevant) in /var/log/mongoose_errors.log and if you view the source of that page is it empty there too?

I don't have a /var/log/mongoose_errors.log file, Not sure what you want in the 'view the source' request

Can you try upgrading webif again?
If that doesn't work, what happens if you just run the get script from the command line?

Code:
humax# /mod/var/mongoose/html/edit/get.jim

@Sam - is this working for you?

Will install the file package, In the mean time I get this fail in general diagnostics :-

Checking /mod filesystem type : Fail:
EDIT
That did it, I can view (haven't edited yet) all files I've tried I'm, still getting the above Fail though
I now have a mongoose_error.log

Code:
>>> Contents of /var/log/mongoose_error.log 80.00 bytes
[1329956722] [error] [client 10.0.0.100] GET /favicon.ico: Error 404: Not Found

Thanks for the Fix

Can you try upgrading webif again?
If that doesn't work, what happens if you just run the get script from the command line?

Code:
humax# /mod/var/mongoose/html/edit/get.jim

@Sam - is this working for you?

There was an issue last night where I couldn't see /mod/tmp/date.log and similar files - they would try to load but the window remained empty. However, with the overnight update (the file package is installed here now too), that seems to have been resolved (webif 0.9.3-3). I am getting an all-clear on the general diagnostic as well.

I like the fact you have checked for non-text files and stopped them being read, that's a really nice touch, as is the new Diagnostics button.

Out of interest, what would happen if there was any HTML or script content in the files? It would be a shame to have created a vulnerability (albeit unlikely) by implementing this feature.

Root's home directory as seen by most things is /mod - at least for things that honour the HOME environment variable...

The good news is that vim honours the HOME environment variable.
The bad news is that I just tried to put "syntax off" in ~/.vimrc and if barfed with an error, stating that is not available for this version.

@Black Hole - where are you seeing the syntax highlighting? I must admit that I've never noticed it,

Back