VideoReDo TVSuite V5

I upgraded to V5, which cost me £17.86. I have not used it very much since, so can't really comment on the changes in the new version.
I have been using VideoReDo TVSuite for a number of years, and as a satisfied customer, would recommend it to anyone.

I upgraded to V5, which cost me £17.86. I have not used it very much since, so can't really comment on the changes in the new version.
I have been using VideoReDo TVSuite for a number of years, and as a satisfied customer, would recommend it to anyone.

Version 5 has a bug, opening a H264/AVC file from a HDRFOX T2 crashes the software (Same thing happens when attempting to run Quickstreamfix). Same file opens in V4 with no issues. Running V4 quickstreamfix on the file allows V5 to open the fixed file. I have uploaded a sample to VRD customer support and a fix is promised in the next beta release. VRD has excellent customer support and as Brian says it's an excellent programme.

I used to get lockups all the time until I started shrinking the files on the Humax before working on them.

That's for all the replies. I already use VRD, just wondered if it was worth stumping up the 18 quid to upgrade.

For some reason BBC HD programmes take forever to process even though there are fewer cuts and wondered if the upgrade would make it any quicker.

That's for all the replies. I already use VRD, just wondered if it was worth stumping up the 18 quid to upgrade.

For some reason BBC HD programmes take forever to process even though there are fewer cuts and wondered if the upgrade would make it any quicker.

Can't say I have noticed any difference. Mind you BBC recordings normally have just two edits (top and tail). Are these DVB-T2 sourced (aac audio and mixed 1080p/1080i gops) or DVB-S2 (ac3 audio and all 1080i)

. Are these DVB-T2 sourced (aac audio and mixed 1080p/1080i gops) or DVB-S2 (ac3 audio and all 1080i)

Couldn't honestly say, the majority are films straight from the Humax HDR, on BBC HD. HD films from the commercial channels (and this is saving to a network drive) usually take 5 or 6 minutes, but any BBC HD typically takes twice as long maybe more.

Probably a daft question, but is there anything different about BBC HD?

Last edited:
Couldn't honestly say, the majority are films straight from the Humax HDR, on BBC HD. HD films from the commercial channels (and this is saving to a network drive) usually take 5 or 6 minutes, but any BBC HD typically takes twice as long maybe more.

Probably a daft question, but is there anything different about BBC HD?

Which Humax HDR (HDR FOX T2 and derivatives or the Foxsat-HDR) - The Freeview+(DVB-T2) ones record Mixed 1080i/1080p and have aac audio. Freesat+ (DVB-S2) is all 1080i and ac3 audio. The latter will me much more compatible. On Freeview most of the HD channels are on the same mux and stat muxed so I wouldn't expect any significant difference. On Freesat the BBC-HD channels use a lower bitrate than say CH4 HD so produce smaller files anyway.

Results of editing recordings

Wolfhall BBC2 HD 1.77 GB 24 hours in A&E 2.27GB both 1 hr long Core I7 laptop

Both files opened OK in V4 and V5

Original File Topped and tailed by 6 mins

V4 using original files
Wolfhall 43 seconds
24hrs - failed

V5 using original files
Wolfhall 64 seconds
24 hrs 77 seconds

Used V5 quickstreamfix to process originals
Wolfhall 61 seconds
24hrs 108 seconds

Repeated topping and tailing with fixed files

V4
Wolfhall 54 seconds
24hrs 47 seconds

V5
Wolfhall 55 seconds
24hrs 57 seconds

That's far faster than anything I've ever achieved and no difference between BBC and commercial channels. Must be something at my end. Thanks for all the time and effort.

That's far faster than anything I've ever achieved and no difference between BBC and commercial channels. Must be something at my end. Thanks for all the time and effort.

You are welcome. You haven't by any chance set the output to a different standard as the source file ? If you do the whole file has to be recoded, not just the edit points. My output was set to H264/AVC .ts format (The same as the source)

You haven't by any chance set the output to a different standard as the source file ? If you do the whole file has to be recoded, not just the edit points. My output was set to H264/AVC .ts format (The same as the source)

I'm definitely saving as a .ts, but I'll check to make sure it's H264/AVC

Back