Virtual Disk2 stopped working - can't open include.sh

geoffd

After many months of working fine, Virtual-Disk2 that I use with Network Shares Automount has suddenly stopped working. When I checked the virtual-disk log it show an error - can't open '/etc/init.d/include.sh' . I have checked in init.d and that file does not exist. I have another Humax and that does have an include.sh. First thought was to copy it over but the init.d directory only has write permissions for root. If I ever did know how to gain root access through telnet then I have forgotten it. I have checked through the Custom Firmware options for anything that might help but failed to spot anything. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Diagnostic >> fix-flash-packages

Other than that, uninstall and reinstall.

First thought was to copy it over but the init.d directory only has write permissions for root. If I ever did know how to gain root access through telnet then I have forgotten it.
Are you referring to write permissions (the 'w') here ? :-
Code:
Humax1# ls -dal init.d
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 352 Apr 26  2017 init.d
If so you are automatically logged on as root so there shouldn't be a problem e.g. :-
Code:
Humax1# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
Humax1#

Thanks. It is the custom firmware version that is the problem. The Humax with the problem is running 3.03 and the one that's OK is running 3.12. I realise now that I updated packages on both and I must now have a version of virtual disk that depends on 3.11 or above.

I have to admit I had forgotten about the need to update the custom firmware. (embarrassed) I will report back when updated.

It's another case where it would have been useful if the package system could have dependencies on the CF version.

Back