Watch program being recorded over network

I
While it is not a 'pointless exercise' I don't know how widespread the need for watching programmes over the network during recording actually is and is it really worth the extra effort of creating a new package.
Another vote from me. I consider myself Mr. Average, so their must be a more than a few of us who watch their laptops while their better half watches the soaps. Being able to watch FTA almost live on the laptop would be a boon.

Exactly my thoughts BH. I just go into the dining room and watch what I want to watch on my aged 40" Sony.:D
Who wants to watch TV on a tiny lappy screen (or smaller) anyway?:roflmao:

Mostly I watch youtube which I can only get on the laptop, and all the comfy chairs are in the living room :)

It might be better as a separate package but there would be a lot more extra work duplicating, editing and testing all of the bits and pieces that are needed to create a new package.

While it is not a 'pointless exercise' I don't know how widespread the need for watching programmes over the network during recording actually is and is it really worth the extra effort of creating a new package.
The ChaseDecrypt package is now available, See https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/chasedecrypt-decrypt-while-recording.8918/ for more details and discussion
Actually you can and I do it all the time. You need to set up a network share on your computer pointing to the humax. Make sure Content sharing is enabled on the humax (settings/system/internet setting/content share). Set up an auto recording on the humax, then look at your network share. The file will appear there after a couple of minutes. (it is the 'program name+date+time-crop.ts') You can watch the file on the computer or any connected device. Be aware that if you watch it too early you may reach the end of the file. Best to leave it about 15 mins to allow Auto advert-removal to do its magic. Then watch ad free.
@CrystalBaller what program do you use for viewing the programme whilst recording?
I experience long hangs when using VLC and Splash doesn't show the whole programme

Snowflake! The name was apt: one needed a crystal ball to read between the lines.

Last edited:
Back