Watching a third channel whilst recording two

bazzybabes

Is there a way of viewing which channels I am able to watch whilst recording two separate channels on my Humax Foxsat HDR?

I know there was a list showing the combinations, but is it possible by viewing the guide?

Baz

Not by the guide but if you look at the Channel List while the two recordings are in progress you will see the channels you can't view as greyed out.

You can still only view or record 2 channels at once (You only have 2 feeds from your dish)
To be clear and to avoid misleading people you can only record two channels at once but it is possible to watch a third at the same time as per the thread brian posted. It also lets you set a Watch timer alongside two Record timers and you could even record this watched channel to an external recorder if you wish.

Even if you only have single feed from the LNB then you can watch a second channel at the same time as recording another channel subject to the same limitations.

To be clear and to avoid misleading people you can only record two channels at once but it is possible to watch a third at the same time as per the thread brian posted. It also lets you set a Watch timer alongside two Record timers and you could even record this watched channel to an external recorder if you wish.

Even if you only have single feed from the LNB then you can watch a second channel at the same time as recording another channel subject to the same limitations.

Not quite right.

In some cases you can in effect record a third channel as with the right combinations the third viewable channel is time shifteable. Those with network access can recover the third recording by accessing the 0.ts timeshift file (which is not encrypted even for HD recordings). This applies to both single and dual cable mode. Three channel access is not limited to two cables. The auto spreadsheet identifies time shiftable third channels by (tsr).

All the files are now downloadable from here as well

http://humaxgoodies.weebly.com/

You can always record any watchable third channel to an external recorder. No ifs or buts.
The but is not in HD. :) , assuming you happen to have one. I have loads of pvrs but no analogue recording capability other than a PC. Bit useless these days.

I still have my old analogue tuner Pioneer HDD/DVDR hooked up by a daisy-chain of SCART connections to my PVRs including the Foxsat HDR for when I want to burn off a DVD copy.

Back