Web hosting recommendations

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anybody have any recommendations (from personal experience) of web hosting companies? the web side is straightforward but I would prefer a host where there is no hourly limit on the number of emails that can be sent and to be able to use an unlimited number of email addresses on a domain.

I've used 1&1 for over 10 years now, though I only have the very basic 'Home' package. It's been good for me - never had to call support (though they occasionally call me trying to upsell) but I don't have anything beyond a few domains, a few e-mail addresses and a static html website.
The domain handling is good (I think). Not expensive and they handle it all including purchase and auto-renewal, so you don't easily 'lose' one.

Sounds like you'd need their Unlimited Plus, though you'd have to check the bit about hourly limits.
http://www.1and1.co.uk/hosting?__lf=Static&linkId=hd.subnav.new-hosting#hosting-system

Everything I have done is through 1&1 too. It might not be the most economical, but it does seem to be trouble-free.

Back