WebIF Crop

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Note: there is a related topic HERE (click).

In round numbers, I have a HiDef recording with bookmarks at 1 minute and 4 minutes. I fired up the WebIF Crop option and was shown a graphic with the crop start and end in the right places. The resulting crop however is in the wrong place - it starts at about 3m30s and is 3 mins long - the wrong 3 minutes.

The original is not marked as shrunk (I don't remember whether I've shrunk it or not), but the output is marked as shrunk.

That looks like one Drutt will have to answer. The latest version of nicesplice does shrink as it crops so that's expected and it is only able to place cut points on an IFrame which means that the cut points are less granular than the bookmarks, but certainly it shouldn't be that far off. This looks like a bug. I don't know if Drutt ever released the very latest version of nicesplice though so there may already be a fix.

Just musing: how about a crop point preview facility similar to thumbnail? In the WebIF crop utility, find and display the i-frame that corresponds to where crop would act on each bookmark, and provide a control to nudge any bookmark either way by one time unit.

I have had similar thoughts - it should be possible.
The ts makethm call can make a thunbnail at any offset in the recording.
It would replace the existing thumbnail but that could be saved and restored
It could also be a tool for choosing a more approriate thumbnail

Back