WebIF Home Page Failure Warnings

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
There is sometimes (particularly since Christmas!) a long list of warnings when I bring up the WebIF, which I have to scroll through and acknowledge otherwise I can't see anything else!

A lot of them seem to be repeats of the same fault, logged over and over again each time the auto-processing scans it and tries to repeat the operation. The flagging really ought to be able to filter out repeats of the same warning (easy enough I would think), and suppress them completely if a later run cleared the fault (not so simple).

One particular warning seems to have been triggered by a zero-length recording failing to decrypt. I have no idea where it came from, the time stamp in the file name is all wrong - except that machine had crashed and I rebooted it about that time, so maybe it crashed when preparing to make that recording. Maybe auto-processing ought to detect zero length .ts files and report that as the fault rather than running subsequent processes?

Ok - improved for next version:

Screenshot%202016-12-31%2015.42.44.png

My warnings all correspond with broken recordings, no doubt upset by the Christmas schedule changes (but strangely there seem to be more broken recordings than nags). I don't think a broken recording should trigger a WebIF failure message.

Now to get down to the job I should have started this morning (distractions, distractions!).

Back