Webif icons explained

I didn't say anything was unclear, perhaps it would be clearer to everybody if it simply said "File is encrypted".

The problem is that the ENC icon doesn't mean that. It's about the file being decrypt-protected - more like a "must remain encrypted" thing.
The lack of a DEC icon means that the file is encrypted.
I agree that the on copy isn't right though.

The problem is that the ENC icon doesn't mean that. It's about the file being decrypt-protected - more like a "must remain encrypted" thing.
The lack of a DEC icon means that the file is encrypted.
This is very confusing to the uninitiated. Perhaps the icons should be DEC, ENC and PROT. rather than DEC, nothing and ENC?

This is very confusing to the uninitiated. Perhaps the icons should be DEC, ENC and PROT. rather than DEC, nothing and ENC?

Perhaps, but the ENC icon is used by the on-TV interface for protected so the web interface uses the same logic for consistency.

We've had this discussion before, and Enc is the standard interface icon carried forward into the custom interface. We could (possibly) change the standard icon as well, but the net benefit is diminishing. Once you know what it really means, the previous outcome was to live with it.

What does the green circle with an underscore 3952on a folder icon mean please? I have looked through the wiki but can't find it, sorry if I missed it. Nor can I see anything special about the file in the folder. Ta.

Many thanks for that. :)
Have also found the symbol will appear for any file that is not visible on Webif, let alone the TV screen interface. Could be the result of a corruption in isolation.
You can login to the cli prompt
(via Telnet menu) and check if there are any bogus files in the folder in question that are prefixed with an underscore.

Back