Webif icons explained

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but my search skills are rather limited as I'm on my phone but is there anywhere a lost showing what all the different icons after files in the media browser section of webif?

There doesn't seem to be a list in the Wiki.. most of them tell you what they mean when you hover your mouse over them (not a lot of use on a tablet admittedly).

Here are some of them:

172_1_00_HD.png
High definition
172_1_26_SD.png
Standard definition

dlna.png
Indexed by DLNA server.

Decrypted.png
Recording has been decrypted.

compress.png
Recording has been shrunk.

174_1_26_GuidancePolicy.png
Guidance.

749_1_26_Video_Encryption.png
Recording is protected from decrypt-on-copy.
178_1_00_Icon_Lock.png
Recording is locked.

Most of the other icons indicate the genre of the programme (according to the broadcaster)

Oh that's good, I haven't gone mad then, I didn't think I could see it anywhere.

I shall have to hover over them all tomorrow when I'm on my pc.

Edit: cheers for those two, is there a list of the Humax ones anywhere?

Sorry, I don't understand.

The first of your links leads to a screen-grab image of a WebIF page and a file history - no explanation whatsoever. The second link is to a page of text including a diagram, and the diagram includes icons at various points, again no explanation. Perhaps I would be clearer if I said "no definition"? The title of this topic is "Webif icons explained".

However, this risks getting into another argument so I shall say no more.

The screen grab shows 22 icons used in the Media Browser section with their meanings.
The Encryption link has notes on the DLNA and DEC symbols
So both links are explaining the Webif icons shown, which, I'm guessing is why you pointed the OP to the WiKi in #2

I think it would be useful to have a single page in the Wiki with a list of icons and their meanings so they're all in one place. I'll start one of unless anyone is already working on it.

which, I'm guessing is why you pointed the OP to the WiKi in #2
No, I just made the mistake of presuming that as the standard icons are listed and explained, the WebIF usage of icons (including the standard ones) would be also. At that point, there was nothing to say the OP had looked at the wiki at all.

I think it would be useful to have a single page in the Wiki with a list of icons and their meanings so they're all in one place. I'll start one of unless anyone is already working on it.
I had started to gather together a set for the wiki as the only icon list at present is for the on screen EPG icons

I take issue with Enc - "File is protected from decryption on copy". The "on copy" bit will be confusing - delete it.

What is unclear about "file is protected from decryption"? What extra information is conveyed by "on copy"?

Including the "on copy" raises a query what other kinds of decryption there are (and all forms of decryption are disabled by Enc anyway, except streaming to another HD/HDR-FOX). Tech authoring is about forgetting one already knows something about it.

Back