Webif not working

"my computer" is Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer).

Does the Humax show up as a network device in the left pane? If so Samba must still be running.

"my computer" is Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer).

Does the Humax show up as a network device in the left pane? If so Samba must still be running.
It did but not now, since ftping _RESET_CUSTOM_FIRMWARE_ENVIRONMENT to my video dir and rebooting and then new custom firmware install I cann't ftp with FileZilla either.

FTP: with the custom betaftpd package you have to disable the native FTP server in the Humax menus. If you want FTP access back before reinstalling custom, enable it in the settings (but it is restricted in scope).

FTP & network places access is now back and working, I have reinstalled Humax firmware 1.02.20....

Not sure what to do next?

FTP & network places access only allows me in at My Video level, so cann't see if webif pkg is removed.
Telnet still produces same error message:
<ip address> Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: connection failed

http://<ip address>/cgi-bin/cfwreset.cgi Still produces Problem loading page error message

I am replacing <ip address> with my Humax ip address.

I guess I could try modifying again, but I wanted to make sure all the old files had been removed first.

At this point, if you re-install the custom firmware then you should be able to go through the initial setup again by just pointing a web browser at http://<ip address>/

Do you think all traces of the original customised software will have been removed?
They should have been - that's triggered by the first boot of the custom firmware following creation of the _RESET_CUSTOM_FIRMWARE_ENVIRONMENT file.

Well I'll have another go at moding.

SUCCESS!

I've learnt abit this morning!

1. Don't repair something that ain't broke, I already knew that but didn't follow my own maxim did I.

2. How to use Telnet, didn't need it, but interesting all the same

3. Just use FTP to place a file at the top level of "My Video" called _RESET_CUSTOM_FIRMWARE_ENVIRONMENT and reboot.
That did the trick, thanx a mil af123 again!!!

and 4. Finally thanx everybody for your help

Back