WebIf/RS channel-icons missing

slightly off subject and the first time i've had to post on here for year thanks to all the firmware i last downloaded being so bloody stable that everything has worked like a dream!!

here's my thing, live in sheffield, did the retune last week, chose yorkshire, over south yorkshire, as that's what i've always done. everything fine, ch 101 bby yorks! next day i noticed a slew of missed recordings, not just BBC but other HD ones too. then noticed 101 had vanished. rescanned and all seemed good until next time i turned in on and missed recordings and a disappeared bbc one yorkshire. it's now happened every single time i turn it back on. tried using south yorkshire option but the same thing.
any clues? the signal strength is superb, as it always was, on all channels, but the very one they did the retune for isn't there. thanks in advance

live in sheffield, did the retune last week, chose yorkshire, over south yorkshire, as that's what i've always done. everything fine, ch 101 bby yorks! next day i noticed a slew of missed recordings, not just BBC but other HD ones too. then noticed 101 had vanished. rescanned and all seemed good until next time i turned in on and missed recordings and a disappeared bbc one yorkshire. it's now happened every single time i turn it back on. tried using south yorkshire option but the same thing.
any clues?
Check the tunefix setting's preferred region option and try it with a blank value.

Also if you are using tunefix check that it is up to date, which might just fix your issue without playing with the settings.

I don't know if I'm using that? is there a simple way of checking? it's been a while since I've had to use anything technical!
Thanks for your reply

aha i've remembered how to use web-if. i can't see tunefix in my list of installed stuff. although it only goes down as far as reset and no further?

Last edited:
scheduled the reboot and nothing has changed. Will it automatically scan channels, or is that only when freeview next fiddle with stuff?
I assume I'll need to retune manually, but don't see the relevance of removing Yorkshire on tunefix?
excuse my apparent stupidity!

I rescanned the hd channels manually, this time I was only given the option to choose Yorkshire post scan.
I've switched off and on, and all seems to have stayed where it's meant to be!

cheers for your advice luke!

Will it automatically scan channels, or is that only when freeview next fiddle with stuff?
Neither.
I assume I'll need to retune manually
Yes, unless you install the tunefix-update package.
Have you updated anything else in the last 6 years (or do you have the auto-update package installed)?
the thread was about problems after the retune last week
It wasn't, it was about channel icons, as per the title. Why not just start a new thread?

Back