Webif series recording not working

• Thread starter Deleted member 473
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 473

Mrs Mike loves Escape to the Country. The only thing I have recording currently on our T2 is the series on BBC1 weekdays.

I remembered that on Sundays on BBC2 there are more episodes. I decided to set them to record via WebIf and that was rejected with a duplicate recording error message. Strange, I thought, as the Sunday show was definitely not showing in the WebIf schedule, so I tried doing it using my remote and physical box interface (the TV) and that worked fine.

Any reason why this should fail to work from the WebIf? The two series are on different channels and different times, but do share a name.

Is it possible the request was rejected due to the Web-If deciding there wasn't a free tuner? in other words there was a recording conflict because the Humax would be busy recording other programs

Is it possible the request was rejected due to the Web-If deciding there wasn't a free tuner? in other words there was a recording conflict because the Humax would be busy recording other programs

Well, given that I said the only schedule I had was a Mon-Fri one, and it was Saturday, and I was setting a recording for Sundays, no!:rolleyes:

It might have more to do with the way WebIf looks for conflicts, though. How about folder names? Wouldn't the new series go into the same folder as the existing one?

Can anyone with a box reproduce this error? Both series are in the afternoon.

The Series CRIDs are the same between BBC1 and BBC2, but I don't think that means setting one will automatically record the other (but I haven't tested it).
I would guess the Web-If needs a tweak to check the channel as well as the Series CRID before declaring a duplicate.

I have set up a series recording for this afternoon, we'll see what it does. At the moment, the "right" button does not report any additional programmes in the series. The key will be to see what the next entry is in the recording schedule after this afternoon's has been recorded.

We discussed this kind of thing back in the early days of the HDR-FOX, but I don't remember what the answer was. There is also the consideration of tracking "replacement" broadcasts of programmes which failed, using the P-CRID.

By the way, the Humax was perfectly happy to schedule the weekday broadcasts on BBC1 separately, and they do show additional programmes on the "right" button. I have removed it.

By the way, the Humax was perfectly happy to schedule the weekday broadcasts on BBC1 separately, and they do show additional programmes on the "right" button. I have removed it.

Strange. So I wonder what is different about my box? I forgot to say that the two series were both set to SD, not HD. The series on weekdays was already there, but WebIf would not allow me to set the Sunday series.

Not by WebIF! The "right" button (on the RC), when the SUI is showing Guide >> Schedule (yellow) and a particular recording is selected, lists other programmes currently listed in the EPG that will be recorded as part of the series.

The "Right" button would make it clearer. "right" could be interpreted as "correct"

Not by WebIF!

I don't understand what you did then. Recording of the Mon-Fri series was undoubtedly from a restore after a firmware update, so not sure how that counts. The only schedule of recordings in there was that one.

I tried to set the Sunday series recordings from WebIf and that failed. It said there was a clash. There was no clash, of course. There could not possibly be a clash!

I then used my remote (physical one) to set that same Sunday series schedule with no problems.

I went back to WebIf >> Schedule and the two series were there, as expected.

So, why would WebIf not allow me to set a non-clashing series record from its programme guide? Why does it think that these two series clash?

I can't see where errors like this are logged in Diagnostics.

The Series CRIDs are the same between BBC1 and BBC2, but I don't think that means setting one will automatically record the other (but I haven't tested it).
I would guess the Web-If needs a tweak to check the channel as well as the Series CRID before declaring a duplicate.

Ah, just saw your post. So identical CRIDs would show as duplicates.

I just did the "Right arrow" trick in the Schedule (nice, didn't know about that!) and the Mon-Fri series is not showing any Sunday recording.

Yes it recorded, but there is nothing else in the schedule (the entry is in the unmatched set) presumably because there is not one next Sunday.

First, it wasn't whether it recorded or not that was ever the issue. You couldn't even set the Sunday schedule via WebIf.

Second, I guess everything is on hold for the Winter Olympics.

First, it wasn't whether it recorded or not that was ever the issue. You couldn't even set the Sunday schedule via WebIf.
Not quite. There was an open question whether the same P-CRID on another channel would record as part of the same series, and therefore whether the WebIF was correct to announce setting the Sunday schedule as a duplicate. It didn't seem likely, but a quick test confirmed.

Not quite. There was an open question whether the same P-CRID on another channel would record as part of the same series, and therefore whether the WebIF was correct to announce setting the Sunday schedule as a duplicate. It didn't seem likely, but a quick test confirmed.

All you said was "I have set up a series recording for this afternoon, we'll see what it does. " How were we to deduce from that whether you had set up the Mon-Fri one or the Sunday only one? I already knew that the Sunday shows were not recording on the Mon-Fri schedule. That was clear in the OP. If they had been recording, why would I have tried to set up a series record for them?

Anyway, the problem has been resolved.

Context, dear boy, context. The post time-stamp says "Black Hole, Sunday at 10:32 AM".

No need to be condescending.

You could still have set either, but the obvious thing to try was to set both from webif which would have confirmed the bug.

No need to be obtuse then.

I was testing how the series linking actually works, only that way could we check it was actually a bug.

Back