WebIF "Shrink" option

O.K. I'm not seeing any Shrink icons after performing a shrink, using Web-If 0.9.12-3 and stripts 1.0.6. I thimk it's since the 'Little Endian' turned up

little-endian.jpg

I shrunk a programme last night 11.60 to 11.08GB and don't now have a shrunk icon next to it since loading webif 9.12-3
With the shrunken version, are you able to move the time bar location to say 80% and have it play from there? If it immediately jumps back to the list then you should retrieve the original from [Deleted Items] and re-shrink it with the latest version.

The separate problem with the icon is due to the debug message being left in and does not affect the shrink function.

Though it is not quite so useful with the work af123 is doing to shrink recordings automatically in the background, I've made nicesplice remove epg packets by default when editing recordings. So when perfoming a trim / removing adverts etc, the recording will effectively be shrunk as well the same operation. Just doing final testing, and it should be ready shortly.

Though it is not quite so useful with the work af123 is doing to shrink recordings automatically in the background, I've made nicesplice remove epg packets by default when editing recordings. So when perfoming a trim / removing adverts etc, the recording will effectively be shrunk as well the same operation. Just doing final testing, and it should be ready shortly.
Sorry to be off topic but will this new version work with an initial bookmark set to zero?

New nicesplice package just uploaded with "shrinking" built in. It can be turned off with -noStripEPG.

Sorry to be off topic but will this new version work with an initial bookmark set to zero?
Just had a look, and I think I've fixed it. Let me know if any problems.

Very quiet on here today : )

I unleashed the latest version of stripts (1.0.9) on my Films collection overnight (by enabling Auto-shrink on the folder through the web interface) and I've checked them all and everything looks good. It was a good mixture of HD and SD of varying lengths so a reasonable test set.

1.0.9 is faster than previous versions and squeezes a little bit harder to remove a few more unnecessary packets.

Thanks for this, it's really coming together as a great system.

Could not the webif-auto-dedulp move duplicates into the dustbin like the auto-shrink or are they already deleted after a certain time? Guess a switch to turn on and off all the auto functions might be useful. Um and while I'm here more control over how dedulp names files would help.

I also still think a link to http://hummy.tv on the front page of the WebIF would be cool.

Anyhow must stop making requests and learn how to program.

Thanks again for getting us here.

Could not the webif-auto-dedulp move duplicates into the dustbin like the auto-shrink or are they already deleted after a certain time?

It could do (for those who have undelete installed of course). That would probably make sense too - what do other people think?

Would you believe that Tapatalk still renders that as an image? : )
How it do that then? Has its own library?? Even in the quote???

I used to use Tapatalk on another forum but then they acquired a mobile skin and I have never felt the need again.

Very quiet on here today : )
It's OK, I'm here to throw a spanner into the works;)

I think I have found a case which breaks it (it also breaks nicesplice BTW). I have a recording which was a timeshift recording, rewound and then saved. The nts file starts with an entry which points to an offset ~35M. The Humax seems to subtract this initial offset from all the nts entries when seeking into the ts file.

Currently the output from stripts will not play the initial 35M section and the end of the timebar does not point into the file.

Later... The last word of each (StdDef) nts entry is set to 1 for these time shifted recordings.

Back