WebIF "Shrink" option

That looks like the same graphic to me. I just had a brainwave - the Tapatalk add-on might not be implimenting the "plain" tag properly.

One reason I didn't get on with Tapatalk in its early days was that it couldn't hack emoticons at all!

It's OK, I'm here to throw a spanner into the works;)

I think I have found a case which breaks it (it also breaks nicesplice BTW). I have a recording which was a timeshift recording,

Can you try stripts 1.0.10? That one works ok on my timeshifted recordings but it might not be the whole story.

Just an update. The latest version of stripts has been on the repository for a few days and it seems to work well with both standard and high definition recordings, including time-shifted-recordings (rewind then press record on the HDR) which are indexed in a slightly different way.
It should be good to use generally now although please exercise caution and don't delete any recordings until after you have tested it yourself.
I recommend installing undelete if you are going to enable automatic stripping (or any of the automatic functions) on any folders since that will automatically save the original version of each recording in the dustbin for a few days.

Note that you should not install undelete if you also have seriesfiler installed due to a known conflict between the two which can cause recordings to be lost.

Not sure if this belongs here or on this one but having started to use the Shrink option I wondered if there could be a 'Delete Original When Finished' option? It would save having to recover space from the _original folder, and maybe if you're doing a whole folder and worried about running out of space before you can clear the originals?

This is in common with individual decrypt, and is there as a safety-net.

If you set a folder for auto-shrink, any shrinking will not be accompanied by an _original folder, although if undelete is installed the original will shunt off there. I have an "Autoshrink" folder, and any recording I want shrunk I lob into it.

This is in common with individual decrypt, and is there as a safety-net.

If you set a folder for auto-shrink, any shrinking will not be accompanied by an _original folder, although if undelete is installed the original will shunt off there. I have an "Autoshrink" folder, and any recording I want shrunk I lob into it.

Of course! You're not just a pretty avatar y'know!! And it means you can manage it from the OSD without having to get near a browser. Top tip BH, thanks.

Hi - new to current forum since have nursed a 9200T for 5 years and occasionally used the old forum - Upgraded to an HDR FOX T2 early December - came with firmware 29, and I've installed the Custom Firmware - find it great, so much more than the old DOS utility to take files off the 9200. However, went to my daughter's for Xmas and left the Humax to record some stuff, and left it on, not in standby, since I wanted to check it and show my daughter's boyfriend (a SkyBox fanatic) how good the Humax was ! When I got home yesterday I discovered 2 programmes from around 8pm on Xmas Eve were showing as Playing in the WebIF, and everything after them was not recorded, but the Media list showed them as zero kb and the Shrunk icon was also there (I don't have Auto-Shrink turned on). I did a cold reboot turning off the power and after also rebooting through the WebIF, first one then the other programme stopped 'Playing' - they were not actually playing of course - and all the zero recorded files auto-decrypted (I have the main MyVideos folder set to auto-decrypt), and the Shrunk icon was still showing - I guess that is because they didn't record and therefore didn't have the unshrunk info attached to them. I noted the comment on another post by antipodean that leaving the Humax ON 24/7 can cause it to Freeze. Would just like to know if this is what likely caused the two Xmas Eve progs to carry on 'playing' and therefore any future progs to fail to record. Thanks

As an addendum to my post above, I now realise that I could have set the Humax to come out of standby at a given time, and switch off again later, but I wanted to ensure it was on - newbie ! I found it was not possible to bring the Humax out of Standby with the WebIF using the Remote App - that only seems to put it into standby or am I doing something wrong ?

Re the last post - when the Humax is properly asleep there is no Ethernet and no processor activity, so obviously an Ethernet command can't be used to wake it up.

You also have to be careful about what the WebIF status says - your browser is perfectly capable of caching the data and presenting you with an out-of-date status, particularly if the Humax is in standby and not responding to HTTP requests.

It sounds to me like something caused your Humax to crash until you rebooted it, but it will be difficult to pin down now and might not happen again. I caution against decrypting or shrinking files unnecessarily, because each operation processes the file contents into a new file and increases the risk of corruption, and although it should recover if the process is interrupted by a timed or manual shutdown it offers more opportunity for problems. In general you do not need to decrypt or shrink any recording that is just going to be watched and deleted.

Thanks a lot Black Hole - I'll keep an eye on its performance and report any future mis-demeanours. I am also going to re-position the Humax since it's in a cabinet which is not adequately ventilated I think, and I'll also start using the auto ON and OFF feature. Many Thanks and a Happy New Year to all at hummy.tv

I noted the comment on another post by antipodean that leaving the Humax ON 24/7 can cause it to Freeze. Would just like to know if this is what likely caused the two Xmas Eve progs to carry on 'playing' and therefore any future progs to fail to record. Thanks

It will take 2-3 weeks for the early symptoms of this to appear (screensaver not kicking in), so as you have noted, it isn't the cause in your case.

Back