[webif] Version 0.10.0 Released

This is in the Self-test logs area
Code:
Self-test logs Runtime Error: disk.jim:142: smartctl 5.41 2011-06-09 r3365 [7405b0-smp-linux-2.6.18-7.1] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-11 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net === START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION === SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1 Num Test_Description Status Remaining LifeTime(hours) LBA_of_first_error # 1 Short offline Completed: unknown failure 90% 6020 0 # 2 Short offline Completed: unknown failure 90% 6019 0 # 3 Short offline Completed: unknown failure 90% 6019 0 at file "disk.jim", line 142

Ok, ignoring the problem with disk.jim, it is saying that the self test is failing at 90% complete with an unknown error.
I'm afraid that's a very suspect disk.

I have only got around 40GB of recordings on the disk, so will decrypt and ftp to my other box. Do you think that it is worth trying a native Format, then reinstalling custom firmware, and trying the SMART test again.

Brian
It would be interesting to know how much ware and tare the HDD has had, could you supply the 'Raw' figures of lines 9 and 4

I have now emptied my HDD and formatted it, but it still fails the HDD Test (Error code : 5), is there anything useful that could be done using fix-disk, or should I just give up and order a replacement HDD?

I don't think there is much hope for that disk I'm afraid. It has physical problems and lots of bad blocks and has probably run out of spare sectors to swap the bad ones for.

Anyone know if this is anything to be concerned about?

190 Airflow_Temperature_Cel -O---K 39 061 043 045 Old_age Always In_the_past

Guess it got warm!

Anyone know if this is anything to be concerned about?

190 Airflow_Temperature_Cel -O---K 39 061 043 045 Old_age Always In_the_past Guess it got warm!
190 is not really usable, it's 194 you need to monitor, Note this is already done by the sysmon package. 190 seems to display 100 - (194 Value & Worse)

0.10.0-2 is a minor bug fix. The -1 day button in the EPG should work properly now though.

Thanks, the -1 day button seems OK now, but the -1 week button does not work properly. If you select +1 week it goes forward, but the -1 week button is greyed out. If you go forward 2 weeks, it will let you go back 1 week.

Another minor update which should fix the -1 week button.

It also adds an icon for the mobile version so that if you add it to your home screen as a web app (iDevice only?) then it gets a fairly nice icon (well, it's at the very limit of my photography skills anyway!) When launched from the home screen, it also behaves like a native webapp and uses the full screen, hiding the standard browser chrome.

Just an update, my new HDD is installed in my box, and it now passes the native HDD Test, and the webif SMART test.:)

This is a webif question driven by the IR thread HERE and a need to re-position the media library's pointer to the top of the media tree.

webif already knows if the Humax is playing something; if Web-if knows where it is playing as well as what, then I'm thinking that this potentially becomes something that can be used to solve the problem.

When my HDR box is streaming to its HD cousin as well perhaps playing something [different] locally then webif tells me that the two files are being played.

The only way that I've found for the HDR to play locally is if it is told to via the remote and now IR. Both have the same effect of moving the pointer in the library.

But if the HDR box is streaming then this is because a client has pulled, it since the HDR doesn't seem to have dlna-controller features.

So my webif question is, can the script that creates the display saying what is playing, also determine where it is playing?

A log or db entry keeping tabs of what and when the HDR is told to play something locally would be a quasi record of what the remote/IR interface last did. That information could then be used to help the pointer get back to the root.

It's not a full answer to the problem as it would need to deal with real world complexities such as new recordings, seriesfiler and the remote being used to move or copy things about, but it'd be a start.

Back