[webif] Version 0.13.0 Released

0.13.1 just uploaded. Minor update to fix some issues with 0.13:
  • Fix dedup fast-path code which was causing duplicate files to be 'Preserved' instead of moved (issue reported by mole_hill);
  • Fix automatic processing of files on external drives mounted using mvdisks;
  • Fix undelete for files on external drives removed through the web interface;
  • OPT+ menu on directories outside the standard media area no-longer include the auto options (they didn't have any effect anyway);

0.13.1 just uploaded.
Fix automatic processing of files on external drives mounted using mvdisks;
OPT+ menu on directories outside the standard media area no-longer include the auto options

Thank you muchly for these particular fixes - helps a lot with the quirks I was wrestling with in this thread http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/much-gratitude-and-a-few-puzzles.2994/

I found a glitch with Web-IF 'Browse' this evening - in IE8 the Clipboard is continually loading, so the page is never 'Done' and none of the OPT+ functions or yellow buttons will work.

I got as far as finding the problem was Object doesn't support this property or method with 'script.js, line 367 character 1'
mediaroot = $('#mediaroot').text();

... but got stuck there :confused:

IE8 is not recommended, I suggest you try something else (even if only for the WebIF) - Chrome, Firefox, or even IE9.

IE8 is not recommended, I suggest you try something else (even if only for the WebIF) - Chrome, Firefox, or even IE9.

I realise IE8 is not recommended, as more and more stuff doesn't work on it - BUT ... the Web-IF 'Browse' pages worked fine up until today so surely they can again, and I'll bet there's quite a few people out there still using IE8 - so it's valid to report this glitch.

I use Chrome elsewhere but in this situation I'm using someone elses ancient laptop which is still entirely functional but is very short on memory and doesn't really warrant any time spent fixing it up with changes.

The laptop's operating system is Windows XP Pro and the advice 'way back when' was that installing IE9 would be a bad move, because the 'hardware acceleration rendering' in IE9 meant it wouldn't work well on XP. I don't know if this is still the case. At the time, several people who had installed IE9 on XP suffered poor performance and so uninstalled and reverted to IE8, so I left it alone in order to avoid the 'pain, no gain' loop.

in IE8 the Clipboard is continually loading
Okay, well I just fired up my IE8 and got the same thing. The clipboard loads in Chrome and Safari, but shows an item which I don't remember putting there (don't read too much into that - I might have done it some time to check the "copy" operation).

Something may well have changed in the WebIF to cause this, but I doubt af123 tests his mods for interoperability with IE8 and I think continuing to use it is a lottery. As it happens, I still use IE8 on my main machine because when I tried IE9 it caused some cock-up I can't remember at the moment. I fall back to Chrome if necessary (most of my surfing and WebIF etc is done on iPad, ie Safari, which doesn't play nicely with one of the forums I use but I put up with it).

I think you will find Firefox or Chrome perform much better on a PC of limited resources.

I got as far as finding the problem was Object doesn't support this property or method with 'script.js, line 367 character 1'

Interesting. That line is new with 0.13 but it can actually safely be removed (I ended up using a different technique). I'll push out an update later today once I've worked out why IE8 is throwing that error.

0.13.1-1 should fix that problem with IE8 - thanks for the report! I don't routinely test with that version but it should still work.

0.13.1-1 should fix that problem with IE8 - thanks for the report! I don't routinely test with that version but it should still work.

Fixed! :D
Thank you very much. (Virtual plate of {treats of your choice} winging its way to you through the ether, pronto.

What is more, you have effected a double whammy - as the 'clipboard loading' fix has also fixed another problem at the same time.

Previously I could never make Web-IF 'cut & paste' work with IE8 (but it wasn't a showstopper so I just accepted it, unlike the clipboard loading problem which made 'Browse' useless so I did report it)

Now, not only does the clipboard load again, but cut & paste works too - which is really useful. So double thanks.

Regarding IE8, yes it is 'old hat' now and I would not expect you to routinely test with it.
Usually it works fine, but if I or someone else spots a glitch, and we report it and its fixable, then all well and good.
As I said, I sure there are quite a few people out there still using IE8 - and so its no bad thing to have Web-IF working on IE8 - otherwise there would need to be something in the Wiki warning people that Web-IF should not be used on IE8.

Off to do some 'Browsing' and sort out the accumulated recordings now via Web-IF. Cheers!

Version 13 much faster - brilliant.
I'm probably paranoid, but isn't it better to check for 'in use' before doing any serious work e.g. before running stripts to find out if a file is shrunk already (this happens for files being recorded).
(Was it deliberate to leave out the file name from the 'in use message'?)
Now the shrunk status is recorded, is it possible to speed up the browse file display, which takes ages to add the shrunk icons (or am I being too greedy!)

Version 13 much faster - brilliant.
I'm probably paranoid, but isn't it better to check for 'in use' before doing any serious work e.g. before running stripts to find out if a file is shrunk already (this happens for files being recorded).

Yes. It won't do any harm but it would be faster to check for in-use than to do the analysis... probably!

(Was it deliberate to leave out the file name from the 'in use message'?)

Nope : )

Now the shrunk status is recorded, is it possible to speed up the browse file display, which takes ages to add the shrunk icons (or am I being too greedy!)

Yes, I plan to do that. Not all shrunk recordings will be marked at present though so I need to implement a changeover mechanism. It will be improved in the next version.

I don't know if this is the right place to report this, but using WEBIF 0.13.1-1 this evening to check the master HDR operation, when the status ribbon popped up correctly listing two programmes that were being recorded, but also incorrectly listing a third programme being recorded! This was instead of listing the live TV channel being displayed.

The incorrect program happened to be the last recorded program, which had finished recording 20 minutes previously.

I switched away from that page, and the next time the status ribbon popped up the third status line incorrectly listed the same programme again, but this time being played! A live TV was actually being displayed on the screen.

Switched to a different page again and the next time the status ribbon came up, the third status line correctly listed the live TV channel being displayed.

A bit odd, and for just a moment, I thought I'd got it recording 3 channels!!!

Judging by our box showing "playing" two programs earlier while I could here the kids watching something else after I flaggedf a load for auto-shrink and auto-decrypt is it is showing those file operations.

A bit odd, and for just a moment, I thought I'd got it recording 3 channels!!!
I think this is a side-effect of auto-decryption (I presume you are using it). The "playing" and "recording" statuses come from whether a file is open (in the operating system) for reading or writing. During decryption, the original recording is being played through the DLNA server and a new file is being created from the decrypted stream.

Yes, I do use auto-decrypt,and it would have been decrypting that particular file at the time. That makes perfect sense!

Thanks for the explanation.

Perhaps the next version of the WebIF could detect these things and show them as "processing" rather than playing or recording?

Possibly, it's challenging as all I can tell is that the Humax software is reading from or writing to that file. I'd need to cross reference with running processes... leave it with me : )

Thank you muchly for these particular fixes - helps a lot with the quirks I was wrestling with in this thread http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/much-gratitude-and-a-few-puzzles.2994/

I found a glitch with Web-IF 'Browse' this evening - in IE8 the Clipboard is continually loading, so the page is never 'Done' and none of the OPT+ functions or yellow buttons will work.

I'm surprised and amused that anyone is still using IE at all, never mind which version!

• Improved indication of shrunk recordings in webif - requires a one-off process to flag all existing shrunk recordings which will run automatically upon upgrade;
  • Files which are being decrypted no longer show as playing in the web interface;
  • Swap in-use and already stripped check in automatic processing and improve log message.
dstatus.png

Back