[webif] Version 0.13.0 Released

Shrunk processing is SO MUCH BETTER...

But now I am wondering what happens when another auto process is underway (which is why I suggested "processing").

Files which are being decrypted no longer show as playing in the web interface
Something I meant to mention earlier is that Web-If's status shows different things to the status command when recording radio programmes.
e.g. I set it going just now and for the first few 10s of seconds it shows
Recording Zoe Ball_20130305_0914
Watching 702: BBC Radio 2 - Zoe Ball (06:30 - 09:30) [91%]

Web-if:
Playing Zoe Ball_20130305_0914

After that they flip over:
Playing Zoe Ball_20130305_0914

Web-if:
Recording Zoe Ball_20130305_0914
Watching 702: BBC Radio 2 - Zoe Ball (06:30 - 09:30) [91%]

Actually, looking closer, Web-if seems to alternate between the two every time you hover over the bar, while status just remains on Playing.
This all seems a bit weird!

Shrunk processing is SO MUCH BETTER...

But now I am wondering what happens when another auto process is underway (which is why I suggested "processing").
The only auto process which should cause a file to be held open by the Humax software is decryption, so that's the only one that should appear in the webif status.

I see... so it's not only a case of a file being open, it's files that are open and registered to humaxtv. The mist clears.

I see... so it's not only a case of a file being open, it's files that are open and registered to humaxtv. The mist clears.
Yes, although all of the 'in-use' checks will spot any file access by anything.

Something I meant to mention earlier is that Web-If's status shows different things to the status command when recording radio programmes.

The two things are the same code so should produce the same results. Looks like there is something peculiar to radio programmes though.

The one thing that's hard to detect is a file being streamed to somewhere else - that will still show up as 'Playing' which isn't actually wrong in itself but will stop the display from showing any live channel being watched.

I cannot get Webif (using <Browse> and click on the file) to show the properties of any MP4 file (eg from BBC iplayer). (You just get "loading".) I'm sure you used to get the same details you see when saving the file to disk. The facility still works with a .ts file, though the properties it lists are program, rather than file, details.

Roger

I cannot get Webif (using <Browse> and click on the file) to show the properties of any MP4 file (eg from BBC iplayer)
This did work, I think a newer version of ffmpeg is returning something that is confusing the script, it still works from the command line :-
Code:
 ffmpeg -i 'Modern Times.mp4'
built on Feb 29 2012 10:25:07 with gcc 4.2.0 20070124 (prerelease) - BRCM 11ts-20090508

[Note : I have removed some lines from here]

Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'Modern Times.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand    : mp42
    minor_version  : 0
    compatible_brands: isommp42
    creation_time  : 2012-11-19 05:32:29
  Duration: 01:26:52.48, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 424 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (Constrained Baseline) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 320x240, 326 kb/s, 15 fps, 15 tbr, 30 tbn, 30 tbc
    Metadata:
      creation_time  : 1970-01-01 00:00:00
      handler_name    : VideoHandler
    Stream #0:1(und): Audio: aac (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 96 kb/s
    Metadata:
      creation_time  : 2012-11-19 05:32:31
      handler_name    :

Thanks for the auto-expire function. It makes clearing out the old shows, duplicates and such much easier. It's like all the work of keeping the disc clean has been lifted.

I'd like too see an option to choose a maximum number of files in a folder, with a preference for new or old. As this would allow me to only keep the last few shows but I guess I could do the same knowing how often a show is aired using the auto-expire, until they stop airing it.

The every things been running much smoother since you increased the speed of the auto-functions, thanks.

The change of the indication for files being decrypted in the status ribbon in 0.13.2 is really appreciated. There's no doubt it will reduce confusion for new users (and existing ones!) in the future.

Thanks af123!

The web interface uses ffprobe IIRC. Will check later.
It did used to work.
I'm getting errors in mongoose_error.log:
GET /javascript/sh_main.min.js: Error 404: Not Found
GET /javascript/sh_lang.js: Error 404: Not Found
GET /css/sh_style.css: Error 404: Not Found
GET /javascript/sh_lang.js: Error 404: Not Found
GET /bin/browse/ffmpeg.jim: Error 404: Not Found
The last of these was caused by trying to look at the properties of a .mp4 file.
Not sure what I was doing to cause the others.

• Fix ffmpeg/ffprobe problem;
  • Add auto-audio extract*
*NB: If you use either the manual or automatic MP3 extraction functions you will benefit from installing the id3v2 package - it will be automatically used to add ID tags to the resulting MP3 file which can be read by most MP3 players, e.g.:

Code:
humax# id3v2 -l Being\ Human_20130303_2203.mp3
id3v1 tag info for Being Human_20130303_2203.mp3:
Title  : Being Human                     Artist:                               
Album  : BBC THREE                       Year: 2013, Genre: Unknown (255)
Comment:  Alex investigates Captain Hat
id3v2 tag info for Being Human_20130303_2203.mp3:
TIT2 (Title/songname/content description): Being Human
COMM (Comments): (5/6. No Care, All Responsibility)[]:  Alex investigates Captain Hatch, unaware that he is evil incarnate. Contains some strong language and upsetting scenes.  [AD,S]
TALB (Album/Movie/Show title): BBC THREE
TYER (Year): 2013

I've noticed that the webif shows a different amount of free space compared to the Humax screen. Ie the webif shows I have 576.5G free, whereas the under the Humax media button it shows I have 608GB free.
Any idea why that would be? I'm not using the undelete package so it's not deleted files taking up the space as far as I can see.

Mick

I had a tiny issue with the Web-IF today. I was messing about with the LAN connection settings and when I tried some of the Web-IF functions I got a blank error message (literally an empty dialog). Looking into the source the ajax calls just alert the returned error (and nothing else). Perhaps this could be prefixed e.g.
Code:
alert('Connection error ' + e);

My media button says I have 45GB free, and the WebIF says 39.5GiB.

If you take a look at Menu >> Settings >> System >> Data Storage >> Storage >> Internal HDD, there are some figures which don't add up properly. However, the bottom line (on mine anyway) says "Total Size 500.0GB", which reveals an optimistic accounting policy. For an explanation look up "GiB" in the Glossary.

I suspect at least some of the variance between the Humax free space calculation and the WebIF calculation is the definition of GB v GiB.

Back