[webif] Version 1.0.0 Released

Transmission in the latest webif does not appear to work. I normally have the service off, when I turned it on I had to access the web page by manually typing in the address, as the icon did not appear as it usually does. Got there OK. Added torrents as usual but nothing downloaded. Can Download on my PC OK. I uninstalled transmission and now the install won't work, error about not being able to access the remote server 89.248.55.76. Would seem my internet is down, which is not the case, as all other services working fine. This is all new and unusual behaviour. All worked OK in previous versions. Is this a coincidence? You advice would be appreciated.

brian : I renamed the set of 4 files for a recording using FileZilla, this got round my issue.
May-be the solution would be a no-accent package that would convert accented characters to their no accent equivalent e.g. replace ö = ascii hex F6 with o = ascii hex 6F and replace é = ascii hex E9 with e = ascii hex 65
I'm sure Björk and Beyoncé won't mind :)

May-be the solution would be a no-accent package that would convert accented characters to their no accent equivalent e.g. replace é = ascii hex E9 with e = ascii hex 65
I'm not sure where the problem lies, the Humax has no problem displaying the characters so perhaps it is the webif and associated packages.

A question for af123, could support be added for these characters?

You are correct in saying that the problem is with the Web-If packages inability to handle accents, but it may be an easier to fix the problem by removing them, rather than change the packages

Understanding the issue and how to work around it is resolution enough for me. Perhaps a wiki note is an easier option.

Transmission in the latest webif does not appear to work. I normally have the service off, when I turned it on I had to access the web page by manually typing in the address, as the icon did not appear as it usually does. Got there OK. Added torrents as usual but nothing downloaded. Can Download on my PC OK. I uninstalled transmission and now the install won't work, error about not being able to access the remote server 89.248.55.76. Would seem my internet is down, which is not the case, as all other services working fine. This is all new and unusual behaviour. All worked OK in previous versions. Is this a coincidence? You advice would be appreciated.
The icon not being displayed on the main page is a bug which will be fixed in the next version but the failure to access the Internet must be coincidental. I've just set off a couple of tests torrents and they're downloading fine.

Found a temporary fix

Download http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php?old_chrome=11967 (previous version of Google Chrome)

Now you need to disable the chrome update

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/disable-chrome-automatic-updates/
-------------------------------------------
uninstall chrome

install old version of chrome, then close chrome

Install this >> http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/reg/chrome/chrome-manual-updates.reg

go to Start > Run > type in: msconfig > Start-up > disable Google Updater

reboot

Fire up chrome, in the address bar type chrome://plugins

all the way to the bottom click disable chrome update.
-----------------------------------------------

chrome

25.0.1364.172 was released 4 weeks ago, so its fairly still new - Just remember to update chrome to the newer version once webif is working again with the new chrome :)

There has been an update of Chrome today. The new version is 26.0.1410.64 m.

Unfortunately. the problem with the WebIf remains.

So I tired of the Chrome issue. Here's what I did - obvious, I'm sure, but the result is pleasingly effective.
- Download QTWeb browser - very lightweight (6MB), portable - no install needed
- Set my Hummy as home page and new tab page
- Drop a shortcut on my taskbar
Now I have the webif as an app without interfering with anything else.

You can acknowledge that number of reallocated sectors via a button at the bottom of the disk disagnostics page. It will then not warn you again unless the number of reallocated sectors increases.
It isn't unusual for a disk to get some reallocated sectors over time. The key is to watch whether they occur frequently or start to increase rapidly which this new warning system will do.

As previously posted, I 'acknowledged' the report of 182 reallocated disk sectors, and hoped not to see another warning for a long while ... but :( 24 hours later the alert popped up again with a count of 185.
Today the alert is back, saying "Disk realloc sector count is: 195 (was 191)"

So reallocations are occurring daily, which I would rate as 'frequently' - but is this rapidly? :confused:

Clearly its not good news, but as it's a long way off from 1,000 - how worried should I be? ... Is it :rolleyes: or :eek:

IDNameFlagsRaw ValueValueWorstThreshTypeUpdatedWhen Failed
1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate POSR-- 164897011 117 095 006 Pre-fail Always -
3 Spin_Up_Time PO---- 0 095 093 000 Pre-fail Always -
4 Start_Stop_Count -O--CK 5350 095 095 020 Old_age Always -
5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct PO--CK 196 096 096 036 Pre-fail Always -
7 Seek_Error_Rate POSR-- 332052733 084 060 030 Pre-fail Always -
9 Power_On_Hours -O--CK 7115 092 092 000 Old_age Always -
10 Spin_Retry_Count PO--C- 0 100 100 097 Pre-fail Always -
12 Power_Cycle_Count -O--CK 2677 098 098 020 Old_age Always -
184 End-to-End_Error -O--CK 0 100 100 099 Old_age Always -
187 Reported_Uncorrect -O--CK 30 070 070 000 Old_age Always -
188 Command_Timeout -O--CK 0 100 100 000 Old_age Always -
189 High_Fly_Writes -O-RCK 13 087 087 000 Old_age Always -
190 Airflow_Temperature_Cel -O---K 55 045 044 045 Old_age Always FAILING_NOW
194 Temperature_Celsius -O---K 55 055 056 000 Old_age Always -
195 Hardware_ECC_Recovered -O-RC- 164897011 042 034 000 Old_age Always -
197 Current_Pending_Sector -O--C- 0 100 100 000 Old_age Always -
198 Offline_Uncorrectable ----C- 0 100 100 000 Old_age Offline -
199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count -OSRCK 0 200 200 000 Old_age Always -

By the time you had captured the readings it had gone up another one to 196. Time to make backup plans possibly, although as you say it's not in the 1000's yet

1.0.1 (10/04/2013)

• Improve on-screen placement of context menus when no space to display at bottom right of cursor;
  • Disable disk checks on HD model;
  • Add spinretry attribute to disk monitoring;
  • Fix bug preventing some plugin icons being shown on main screen;
  • Option to disable help links on main screen;
  • Remove email options from settings page (no longer used).
(changes over 1.0.0)

Hi, I am new to this forum so please be gentle if this is not the correct thread.
I have a Fox HDR T2 1TB.
About a week ago I was having problems with the Humax rebooting itself after about 20sec. This went on for several hours. I unplugged it & left it overnight & the next day it was working again.
I suspected a faulty HDD but the internal disk diags said nothing was wrong. Still not convinced, I decided to install the custom firmware as I thought that may have a more through test in maintenance mode. This all went fine.
As soon as I started the full web Interface, I got a warning box that the Disk realloc sector count had increased to 136. I took this to be vindication of my initial concern about the hard disk so I removed the disk and cloned it onto a new 1TB drive using a Lindy 'Hard Drive Docking And Cloning Station' in stand alone mode. It took about six hours but it did the job and I put my new drive into the Humax and it powered up & works fine.
The problem is now when I go into WebIf (I upgraded it to 1.0.1-1), I am getting a message:

"
!! WARNING !!
There appear to be some hardware problems with the internal hard disk on this device.
Disk realloc sector count is: 0 (was 136)"
"
It doesn't stop anything from working but it does get in the way of the menu options. As far as I can tell, the new disk is working perfectly.
I have gone into Disk Diagnostics and clicked on the 'Acknowledge any current disk faults' button but the message will not go away.
I have tried clearing all the logs as well but that hasn't helped. I have also tried running the fix disk program from maintenance mode but I am still getting the message. I even tried running the 'HDD Test' from the Humax Settings-System-Data Storage screen. Hopefully it goes without saying that I have rebooted the Humax several times.

Can anyone help me get rid of the message?

When I tried massaging the value in the database, the Acknowledge button did reset it.
You might try running these:
Code:
humax# echo "select * from settings;" | sqlite3 /mod/etc/webif.db

humax# echo "update settings set nval=0 where name='SMART_realloc';" | sqlite3 /mod/etc/webif.db
and report back on what it produced.

Niall Edwards : Disk realloc sector count is: 0 (was 136)"
I guess that CF has knowledge of the 136 figure and reports any change form this, obviously it was meant to report the figure increasing as it would not expect the figure to go down. the count needs to be reset, I'm sure af123 can produce a Diagnostic >> HDD-Count-Reset if it doesn't already exist

Back