• New option to view any current thumbnail for a recording;
  • Recording thumbnail now shown in media details popup window;
  • Add support for automatic audio (MP3) extraction;
  • Alphabetic sort in media browser is now case-insensitive;
  • Fix pie chart display for nearly-full disk;
  • Fix off-by-one bug with direct EPG date selection;
  • Improve EPG scheduled event detection;
  • Scheduled events are now highlighted blue in the grid-style EPG;
  • Fix issue with decrypting single recordings whilst accessing the web interface through a device which performs network address translation;
  • Fixed potential recording corruption problem when a recording is played whilst it is being decrypted automatically in the background.
  • Added additional auto-decryption checks to spot recordings which have been decrypted but are flagged as still encrypted;
  • Display an alert when disk hardware problems are detected such as changes in the number of pending or offline sectors, or an increasing reallocated sector count;
  • Configurable log level for automatic background processing (defaults to showing actions and errors only);
  • System notification framework to allow components to inform the user of problems encountered;
  • Add some useful links to the foot of the main index page.
One which might cause a few queries is the new disk hardware fault alert. If the disk has any apparent problems then the webif will prompt a visit to the disk diagnostic page and from there to the hummy.tv forums.

I got the Hard Disk Warning message when I initially installed Webif 1.0.0.. Diagnostic >> Hard Disk didn't show any problems and the message was gone after a reboot

HDD-warning.png
BTW
Is it possible to turn off the new help icons?

webif-clutter.png

I also got the Hard Disk Warning message, but mine didn't fit in the coloured box properly like Ezra's image shows. On mine, the bottom line was underneath the box.
warning.png
Another request to turn off the new help icons, and links please.:)

I still get this after a reboot.

Code:
Total space: 458.4G
Used: 262.3G (60%)
Free: 172.9G (40%)  Humax HD Fox T2 (humax)

!! WARNING !! 

There appear to be some hardware problems with the internal hard disk on this device. 

Disk overall health assessment is: please specify device type with the -d option.

Don't panic; for help and assistance, visit hummy.tv
 SMART data read from device /dev/sda

Disk Information
Runtime Error: disk.jim:33: smartctl 5.41 2011-06-09 r3365 [7405b0-smp-linux-2.6.18-7.1] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-11 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net /dev/sda: Unknown USB bridge [0x0411:0x01d9 (0x108)] Smartctl: please specify device type with the -d option. Use smartctl -h to get a usage summary at file "disk.jim", line 33
SMART Status	please specify device type with the -d option.

I don't find the help icons obtrusive, they are off the bottom of the screen, but maybe replace them with a "Help" button, which then brings up a page of links?

A link to the RS site could be added.

I get the following warning before and after a reboot even though the value is not changing.
Code:
Disk realloc sector count is: 96

I get the following warning before and after a reboot even though the value is not changing.
Code:
Disk realloc sector count is: 96
If you go to the bottom of the disk diagnostics page, there's a new button there to acknowledge that. You won't get the alert again unless the reallocated sector count increases.

I got the Hard Disk Warning message when I initially installed Webif 1.0.0.. Diagnostic >> Hard Disk didn't show any problems and the message was gone after a reboot

The spurious error following initial installation (before the disk SMART status is known) is fixed in 1.0.0-1. The other issues will be fixed in 1.0.0-2 this evening.

One which might cause a few queries is the new disk hardware fault alert.

You predicted well :)

If the disk has any apparent problems then the webif will prompt a visit to the disk diagnostic page and from there to the hummy.tv forums.

I had the fault alert message:

Disk realloc sector count is: 182

I clicked on disk diagnostics, and from there to here ...

I am grateful for the warning ... but ... am unsure whether I need to do something about it ... and if so what action to take.

You can acknowledge that number of reallocated sectors via a button at the bottom of the disk disagnostics page. It will then not warn you again unless the number of reallocated sectors increases.

It isn't unusual for a disk to get some reallocated sectors over time. The key is to watch whether they occur frequently or start to increase rapidly which this new warning system will do.

I think af123's usual advice is that the realloc sector count needs to be monitored, in other words, as long as it stays at 182 it probably isn't a problem
EDIT
af had already answered but I didn't see it until after I had posted

Thank you af and Ezra for your speedy replies.

The disk in question is 18 months old and has had extensive use, so 182 is probably 'par for the course'.

I have clicked the 'acknowledge' button, so here's hoping that I don't see the alert again for a good long time :)

Mine shows 250. Is there a limit to the number of sectors that can be relocated, or a figure above which one should expect trouble?

Mine shows 250. Is there a limit to the number of sectors that can be relocated, or a figure above which one should expect trouble?
The HDD that I replaced last November, had a reallocated sector count of 4273, and was still working OK at the time.

Back