[webif] Version 1.0.9 Released

Please can I make a small feature request for a future version?

Is it possible to display the auto.log file in reverse order? Scrolling to the bottom of a long log to monitor progress is a bit of a pain.

Also I have found that clearing the log to a more manageable size stops the auto process and requires a power cycle to start it up again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I regularly clear the log files, and have never had any problems with the auto process.

I regularly clear the log files, and have never had any problems with the auto process.

I get this on most occasions when clearing the auto.log only. I recall I may have posted about this before, I think as a question in whether there is a diagnostic to restart the auto process without a reboot.

On this latest occasion I know that it was working its way through a list of files to shrink, and also recording when I cleared the log. Not sure if either of these is significant.

The auto process doesn't run continuously. It's kicked off by cron every 10 minutes.

The auto process doesn't run continuously. It's kicked off by cron every 10 minutes.

Yes, I can see that when it runs. I tried increasing the logging level, just to make sure that it wasn't a case of the process having nothing to do, but the remained at zero bytes. Thinking about it, what I saw was the absence of a log, not necessarily the auto process stopping. I have no way of knowing.

If the log could be viewed with the latest events at the top, it wouldn't need clearing so often, but If it could also be managed by webif to just retain the last (say) 7 days, that would be brilliant.

The log viewer is long overdue for an overhaul. IIRC Black Hole suggested similar improvements some time ago. I'll try and make time for it soon.

Back