[webif] Web Interface 1.3.4

For SWMBO the option to delay processing is a boon. She couldn't sit down and watch anything realtime, on time, to save her life. She asks me to set recordings then 9/10 will start to watch as they are being recorded. On many occasions we will have a couple of programs recording at the same time. When she has finished watching one, the HDR's menu system practically grinds to a halt while the auto-processing starts.

I have delayed all processing until 04:00 when the box wakes for an hour. SWMBO is very pleased with this now and, more to the point, I don't get the earache from her about it.

She could use chase play, but too many times things have happened and cocked it up.

Delaying the processing has introduced a very minor risk in that if the HDD fails between making the recording and having it decrypt, she will have potentially lost that recording.

As BH would probably say, 'It's only TV', and I completely agree. But this option gives me a quieter life so it's a win-win for me!

She asks me to set recordings then 9/10 will start to watch as they are being recorded.
That happens frequentlly in my house as well
the HDR's menu system practically grinds to a halt while the auto-processing starts.
I hadn't noticed this. (Not saying it doesn't happen for me.)
She could use chase play, but too many times things have happened and cocked it up. more to the point, I don't get the earache from her about it.
Probably vastly outweighs any other reason:D
Thanks for your summary Wallace.
As BH would probably say, 'It's only TV', and I completely agree. But this option gives me a quieter life so it's a win-win for me!
I 100% agree with BH's saying and win-win situations are always the best if they can be achieved.

Preventing processing during "normal" box activity nicely de-risks CF operations, so yes it is an improvement and should be the default. No, it won't prevent detectads working in chase mode, if the user has chosen to accept that risk.

There is always a risk to "normal" Humax operations when the CF is using system resources, however slight that might appear (and some users seem to experience a greater compromise in performance than others). I am unfettered in the use of three HDRs - any cock-ups only affect me - but others in more demanding circumstances may well be relieved at the prospect of fewer potentially failed recordings (however few they may have been in the first place), and less opportunity to scapegoat the CF for what might have been a random event.

At this point, I will reveal my ignorance and ask: what is auto-processing and what does it do?

I'm sure I could guess, but a knowledgeable answer is the preferred option.

How will that affect detectads in chaseget?
DetectAds in chase mode will always, by its nature, be a process whilst recording beast with potential risks but the suspension of auto processing during recording should minimize those risks.

DetectAds after recording whether triggered by Auto processing, Sweeper, or via the Webif does not currently honour the new Suspend processing whilst recording, or system queuing mechanisms and can run in parallel with both recordings and auto processing (increasing the load on the machine) but it does have an option to defer processing to a time of your choosing,

I would like to update it to honour suspend whilst recording and use the system queue but have been struggling to find time to work on it.
I needed to work on a non-Humax project and my girlfriend is extremely demanding of my time - at 15 months she has a magnetic attraction to any computer, phone or remote control she can get her hands on! Hopefully I will have a bit of time in the next few days.

Does the panel think that "Suspend automatic processing whilst recording?" and "Suspend automatic processing if will record soon?" should default to On rather than Off?
Yes, that has my vote.
Why? As it's an 'addition' it should default to OFF and those who feel the urge to use it can switch it on..
As this means that anyone with the latest version of WebIf has it I think it should be left so that there is no difference between the 'before' and 'after'
Preventing processing during "normal" box activity nicely de-risks CF operations, so yes it is an improvement and should be the default.
Just catching up this thread. Nicely split opinions on this one then...
I can see both sides but I did choose to go for least surprise with the upgrade.
Since turning on the new options I've already found it a bit inconvenient that I have to wait until the box is idle before it decrypts recordings or I can run ad-detection - as someone who has never had any problems on any of my boxes with background tasks, defaulting the options to on would have surprised me.

Is there a way to turn this pop-up off?
There are Delete buttons at the foot of the page as it is.
Why not make changes there?
...I would be quite happy with a static Queue button at the bottom of the list with the existing buttons, I don't think Dequeue is needed since that can be accomplished from the queue view.
Fair enough - I wasn't convinced about the floating overlay anyway. If it was to stay then the other buttons from the bottom would have moved into it too but it would be better to re-work the buttons at the bottom somehow.

First : Thank you for all the hard work creating Webif for the Humax - I really appreciate the effort that goes into creating something like this

Second: Please please please give me the option to remove the Auto Processing queue box that comes up and hides the name of the file when I select a box

I know others will find this essential but not for me - so can I it be turned off please?

(see pic - I want to move some movies into another folder by cutting to clipboard and pasting - but the names of the 2 files after I select "Megamind" are now obscured) so the interface has lost a great amount of usability for me. Untitled.jpg

So the new function may be for more active members here - and so is here to stay - and that would be OK - your gig, your game , your rules

I am just giving the views of another user

Second: Please please please give me the option to remove the Auto Processing queue box that comes up and hides the name of the file when I select a box

I know others will find this essential but not for me - so can I it be turned off please?
See post 49.

Here's what the next update will look like.
upload_2017-1-3_14-1-55.png
Note also the new icons/opt+ button circled indicated in red which allow for changing flags on the current folder; something I've been wanting to add for a while and finally found time last night.
I've changed a lot of things in the backend - mainly tidying up and updating very old code - so this will be released as a beta update first to shake out any problems. I'll release it sometime this evening.

Last edited:
Here's what the next update will look like.
View attachment 2674
Note also the new icons/opt+ button circled in red which allow for changing flags on the current folder; something I've been wanting to add for a while and finally found time last night.
I've changed a lot of things in the backend - mainly tidying up and updating very old code - so this will be released as a beta update first to shake out any problems. I'll release it sometime this evening.
Do we need New Folder and Sweeper Rules as bottom buttons since the folder actions should be available under the new folder actions OPT+
Similarly for Dedup this folder (though it currently isn't in the folder OPT+ list)

Save Last Stream Content seems to have gone AWOL (not something I use) is it in OPT+ now?

Do we need New Folder and Sweeper Rules as bottom buttons since the folder actions should be available under the new folder actions OPT+
Similarly for Dedup this folder (though it currently isn't in the folder OPT+ list)

(Create) New Folder isn't in OPT+ but sweeper rules is so I suppose the sweeper button could be removed. That's actually added by the sweeper package and not the main web interface - I don't think there's any harm in it being there at the bottom.
Dedup this folder could be moved from a button to the OPT+ menu but I think that would be less intuitive than having it where it is. You generally need to go into a folder and look at its contents before deciding to manually dedup it (that's usually after selecting the correct TVDB series for the way I work).

Save Last Stream Content seems to have gone AWOL (not something I use) is it in OPT+ now?
It only appears if you have some streamed content available but it would be at the end of the first row.

(One thing I'd really like from detectads is a 'auto-detect-ads' setting for a folder - just noticed that most of my folders which have dedicated sweeper rules have them just for this!)

(Create) New Folder isn't in OPT+ but sweeper rules is so I suppose the sweeper button could be removed. That's actually added by the sweeper package and not the main web interface - I don't think there's any harm in it being there at the bottom.
Dedup this folder could be moved from a button to the OPT+ menu but I think that would be less intuitive than having it where it is. You generally need to go into a folder and look at its contents before deciding to manually dedup it (that's usually after selecting the correct TVDB series for the way I work).
My thoughts were to reduce button clutter by grouping all of the folder related activities together under the folder OPT+ option and have just the list of files related buttons at the bottom, you are already in the file list at this stage so whether Dedup is at the top or bottom makes little difference to usability
One thing I'd really like from detectads is a 'auto-detect-ads' setting for a folder - just noticed that most of my folders which have dedicated sweeper rules have them just for this!
:eek: Two of my pet hates are the plethora of series folders and the myriad of Auto-dothis & Recursive-dothat flags. Before FlatView came along I was a happy Flatten user and often consider returning to that simple life. When I took on DetectAds it was a design goal to avoid the need to set a Detect this folder flag every time I scheduled a new series and opted for the Channel exclusion rules instead.

However as a software provider I do recognize that people use their boxes in different ways and that sometimes you need to grit your teeth and provide something you will never use however I will draw the line at Recursive Ad detection since that would inevitably lead to a call for a No Ad detection flag and the OPT+ list grows ever longer :rolleyes:

My thoughts were to reduce button clutter by grouping all of the folder related activities together under the folder OPT+ option and have just the list of files related buttons at the bottom,
Yep, I'll go along with that
However as a software provider I do recognize that people use their boxes in different ways and that sometimes you need to grit your teeth and provide something you will never use
Yep, just like Microsoft, give the user at least 4 ways of doing the same thing. I hate 'clutter buttons'; so last decade.;)
Folder 'commands' in the folder Opt+ menu and file operations as is.:)

At this point, I will reveal my ignorance and ask: what is auto-processing and what does it do?

I'm sure I could guess, but a knowledgeable answer is the preferred option.
I don't think you ever got an answer to this.

As you probably correctly guessed Auto is a process that runs at the end of a recording and also periodically in between to process all of the Auto_dothis options that are available in the the webif and periodic processing for other package such as Sweeper, Newk, Flatview, ...

Back