[webif] Web Interface 1.3.4

It's not a circle, but I was struggling to come up with a verb that means "oval-ed". :cautious:

Updated beta version now available to those with the beta repository installed. This is as far as I got it last night so suggestions from today haven't been taken into account. I'm still pondering those : )

Re updated beta version 1.3.4-13.
I tried the using the 'join' button and have found two thing:
1) Although I put in a name of 3 words for the joined file (in this case 'test for joining') it only uses the first word. In the slide down toolbar it shows 'Joining test' and the resultant file is 'test.ts'.
2) The progress bar does not move from 0% until the process is completed when it shows 100%
The created file plays fine.

I have only used nicesplice-magic-folders before to join recordings (which allows for multi-word file names) - I had not realised that this was an option.

Re updated beta version 1.3.4-13.
I tried the using the 'join' button and have found two thing:
1) Although I put in a name of 3 words for the joined file (in this case 'test for joining') it only uses the first word. In the slide down toolbar it shows 'Joining test' and the resultant file is 'test.ts'.
2) The progress bar does not move from 0% until the process is completed when it shows 100%
The created file plays fine.
Thanks - I'll fix this for for the next version.

Here's what the next update will look like.
... I'll release it sometime this evening.
Thanks for all your work, af123.
I don't think you ever got an answer to this.

As you probably correctly guessed Auto is a process that runs at the end of a recording and also periodically in between to process all of the Auto_dothis options that are available in the the webif and periodic processing for other package such as Sweeper, Newk, Flatview, ...
Thanks. I probably would have guessed wrongly...:whistling:

Second: Please please please give me the option to remove the Auto Processing queue box that comes up and hides the name of the file when I select a box

I don't mind it's existence, but it is impossible to read any of the items that it obscures, whioch are likely the next ones you want to look at and select (if you work down the page like normal).

I don't mind it's existence, but it is impossible to read any of the items that it obscures, whioch are likely the next ones you want to look at and select (if you work down the page like normal).
It has already been removed for those using the Beat version and will go shortly for everyone else

Web Interface 1.3.4 has now been released...
There are two main changes in this version. The first is more control over when background auto-processing runs; this is configured through a new section in the settings screen....
I'm a bit late, but please let me add my thanks for this improvement. I've got a 2Tb HDD, nearly full, and so the Media list is slow at the best of times when recording. If it's auto-decrypting as well it becomes almost unusable. This change helps a lot.

Trim the number of entries in the Media folder by putting stuff in sub folders. This, apparently, will speed up the display because there is not so much to display.

Trim the number of entries in the Media folder by putting stuff in sub folders. This, apparently, will speed up the display because there is not so much to display.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already done this. My impression - though I have no scientific data to prove it - is that putting files in sub-folders makes the Media display faster, but it is still slower than if the files were not there at all. It's as if the display routine is in some way processing the sub-folders (counting the number of entries in them, perhaps?)
Anyway, I don't want to drag this thread off topic so maybe we should leave it there...

It's as if the display routine is in some way processing the sub-folders (counting the number of entries in them, perhaps?)
It will be certainly checking how many unwatched recordings there are in each folder so it can display the yellow triangle at the top left, and it also shows the number of entries under the folder name IIRC.

On the subject of default options, can I make a suggestion / request for the future? When you create a new folder using WebIf, it should be set to "NoFlatten" by default - because why would you ever want to manually create a new folder, only for it to be auto-deleted soon after?

On the subject of default options, can I make a suggestion / request for the future? When you create a new folder using WebIf, it should be set to "NoFlatten" by default - because why would you ever want to manually create a new folder, only for it to be auto-deleted soon after?
That's a good idea. I will add it into the next version of the flatten package.

Back