• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.1!

This upgrade brings a number of improvements including the ability to bookmark posts to come back to later. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and open a new thread for any questions, issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

[webif] Web Interface 1.4.x

MymsMan

Ad detector
I'm experiencing a problem at the moment whereby the webif repeatedly asks me to provide my user ID and password, at apparently random intervals during a session. I always provide the requested credentials, and tick the "remember" checkbox, but it never seems to be satisfied.

Any ideas?
Do you really need password protection on your home network?
No one outside your home should be able to access the webif

ejstubbs

When we're going to be away for a while, I enable dynamic DNS on the router so I can keep an eye on the Humax (as well as on our security cameras, which sometimes need a poke via their web interface if they get themselves in to a guddle such that they can't talk to the phone app).

Trev

The Dumb One
Could be an easy typo for huddle or fuddle, but a more difficult one for puddle, cuddle or muddle:laugh:

/df

Is the suggestion that the Telnet menu passwd option should resolve the problem, perhaps followed by re-creating the Webif password?

ejstubbs

Ah, thanks, I wasn't aware of that option.

As it happens, last night I deleted the user ID and password via the webif. That caused some issues when I tried to connect to the HDR a bit later - presumably because it was still asking me for credentials, but had nothing to authenticate them against! However, a full power off and reboot fixed that so I currently do not have a user ID or password set for access to the webif, and I'm not getting prompts to provide credentials. (Come to think, it had been a fair while since it had had a full reboot so it's not inconceivable that that was really all it needed.)

I'll try setting up a user ID and password on the webif tonight, and see whether or not the repeated login prompt problem returns.