[webif] Web Interface 1.4.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm experiencing a problem at the moment whereby the webif repeatedly asks me to provide my user ID and password, at apparently random intervals during a session. I always provide the requested credentials, and tick the "remember" checkbox, but it never seems to be satisfied.

Any ideas?
Do you really need password protection on your home network?
No one outside your home should be able to access the webif

When we're going to be away for a while, I enable dynamic DNS on the router so I can keep an eye on the Humax (as well as on our security cameras, which sometimes need a poke via their web interface if they get themselves in to a guddle such that they can't talk to the phone app).

Could be an easy typo for huddle or fuddle, but a more difficult one for puddle, cuddle or muddle:laugh:

Is the suggestion that the Telnet menu passwd option should resolve the problem, perhaps followed by re-creating the Webif password?

Ah, thanks, I wasn't aware of that option.

As it happens, last night I deleted the user ID and password via the webif. That caused some issues when I tried to connect to the HDR a bit later - presumably because it was still asking me for credentials, but had nothing to authenticate them against! However, a full power off and reboot fixed that so I currently do not have a user ID or password set for access to the webif, and I'm not getting prompts to provide credentials. (Come to think, it had been a fair while since it had had a full reboot so it's not inconceivable that that was really all it needed.)

I'll try setting up a user ID and password on the webif tonight, and see whether or not the repeated login prompt problem returns.

This may have been mentioned before, but for me the WebIF EPG "Jump to now" button doesn't work.

This may have been mentioned before, but for me the WebIF EPG "Jump to now" button doesn't work.
So a bit more detail might help diagnosis,
  • Does it affect all of your boxes?
  • Does it occur with other browsers? Devices?
  • Does clearing cache help?
  • Any messages in browser error log?
  • Any messages in webif-error.log?
  • Do the other Jump buttons work? (Hours and Days)
  • How long has it not been working?

So a bit more detail might help diagnosis,
For what it's worth:
  • Does it affect all of your boxes?
It's not just one isolated case, although I can't confirm I have tested every one.
  • Does it occur with other browsers? Devices?
I have been suffering this for a considerable time (maybe years); in my mind I had put this down to using the iPad, but I happened to be using my PC yesterday and was surprised that the button still didn't work. I recall that, when first introduced, the button did work.
  • Does clearing cache help?
Is this relevant over an extended period of time?
  • Any messages in browser error log?
Dunno.
  • Any messages in webif-error.log?
Dunno.
  • Do the other Jump buttons work? (Hours and Days)
I know the "return to top" floating button works.
  • How long has it not been working?
See above.

Is this relevant over an extended period of time?
Dunno

You would lambast any poor newbie who gave such a vague description of a problem and was as unforthcoming when pressed for further details of the problem. It is certainly not a wide-spread problem - I cant recall any other reports so you need to do some more investigation of your setup.

You would lambast any poor newbie who gave such a vague description of a problem
I said exactly which button doesn't work, and by "doesn't work" I mean "does nothing when clicked" - what more do you want? Anything else would be a stab at diagnosing for myself with limited knowledge of the subject.

It is certainly not a wide-spread problem
And you know this how? Only because you have not experienced the problem, and there are no other reports. How do I know nobody else is experiencing the same problem until I ask? Like I said, I had consigned it to an "iOS funny" until I found the same on PC.

As I said, I'm not in front of it at the moment and can't check anything, but if I hadn't raised it as an issue when I did it would have been forgotten again (until next time I happen to use the WebIF EPG - which isn't often).

The next thing to do, when I can and when I remember, is to use the inspector tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back