[webif] Web Interface 1.4.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

af123

Administrator
Staff member
Web Interface version 1.4.0 has now been released along with a number of updated plugins to go with it.

I'd like to extend my thanks to MymsMan for being instrumental in inspiring the massive improvement this version brings to automatic processing and for his help with design and testing.

Thanks also to the people who helped with beta testing these changes (Black Hole, jaybr, peterworks, prpr, Trev, Wallace, and anyone else who downloaded and tested the beta)

1.4.0 Release Notes.

New:
  • Complete overhaul of the background auto-processing system thanks to inspiration and help from MymsMan;
    • Its work has been split into two separate tasks - media scanner and queue runner;
    • The media scanner adds jobs to the queue rather than processing them as it runs. This makes its run-time shorter and more predictable. It still performs fairly quick actions such as expire and de-duplication in-line;
    • Rather than scanning the recording tree once for each action (decrypt, dedup, shrink, etc.), the new media scanner scans the recording hierarchy just once per run. This change alone has halved the run-time (although it depends on the directory structure to some extent);
    • The default automatic processing scan interval has been changed from every 20 minutes to every 10;
    • Most existing automatic processing plugins (sweeper,flatten,flatview,newk) will work unchanged with the new system but updates are available so that they can take advantage of the new framework;
    • The badnts,arbookmarks and detectads (if using post-decrypt mode) plugins will not work properly and must be upgraded;
    • The web interface built-in actions (decrypt, shrink, etc.) are now implemented as plugins, just like any other extension package;
    • Background automatic tasks such as decryption and shrink now appear in the queue;
  • The queue diagnostic screen has been updated:
    • Shows more information about tasks;
    • Allow a task to be manually put on hold or re-submitted to the queue;
    • Provide links back to the media browser for each queue entry;
  • A link to the queue screen can be added to the main menu and toolbar (new option in Settings->Auto Processing);
  • Main menu icons now use all available window width;
  • It's now possible to manually specify MP2 or MP3 audio when manually adding files to the queue from the browse screen;
  • Viewing a schedule backup now shows favourites from the backup file too;
  • New hook to allow plugins to take action following the creation of a new directory (used by flatten to mark new folders as noflatten).
Fixes:
  • If a recording fails to decrypt, a system warning will only be generated after three attempts;
  • Restoration of favourite channels has been fixed;
  • The status panel was not correctly reporting MP3 extraction jobs;
  • Fix pkg _load method to handle packages with a missing description;
  • Fix duplicate suppression in system notifications for events with no associated date (such as system crashes);
  • Fix manual event scheduling (was reporting duplicate event).
Other Changes:
  • The . filename used for recursive flags has changed. Recursion is now indicated by the addition of an R (it was previously lower-cased);
  • Detect and report the CFW 3.11 kernel versions;
  • New {ts tsr} method to check if a recording was time-shifted.

I upgraded whilst an external USB disk was attached, which contains non-Humax material (e.g backup of a Linux laptop) as well as Humax recordings.

Resulted in reams of:

Code:
…
Upgrading sweeper rules for folder flags
Processing /mod/etc/sweeper.conf...
find: /media/drive1/systems/chet/usr/share/doc/libreoffice/changelog.Debian.gz: Too many levels of symbolic links
find: /media/drive1/systems/chet/usr/share/doc/libreoffice-style-breeze/changelog.Debian.gz: Too many levels of symbolic links
find: /media/drive1/systems/chet/usr/share/doc/libreoffice-writer/changelog.Debian.gz: Too many levels of symbolic links

Perhaps the find should be restricted to the internal drive? Or only obviously Humax paths on an external drive?

Has this mucked up my Linux backups that also happen to be on this external drive, I wonder?

I have upgraded to 1.4. Great.
I have installed and setup boot-settings. As I would expect poc has now disappeared from the list of packages.
However, poc still appears in the settings list. What should I do to remove it please?
I have restarted to box several times and cleared my browser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

However, poc still appears in the settings list. What should I do to remove it please?
Is it not showing up in the list of installed packages? I'd expect it to still be there and able to be removed.

I was going install the new 'boot settings' but intended to remove POC first but, as per JoeBloggs911, it doesn't appear in the installed packages list but does appear in Settings.

Ok, leave it with me. I'll see if I can work out why it isn't showing up for removal.

webif 1.4.0-3 will allow you to remove the poweron-channel package even though it is no longer in the main repository.

I think "No longer in package repository." would be better as "Not in package repository." or similar.
There is no guarantee that local packages were ever in the repository, so they can't really be "No longer in...".

Also, I think it would be preferable for the Webif to parse the /etc/opkg/opkg.conf file to work out which repositories to include rather than just hard-coding "beta".

I think "No longer in package repository." would be better as "Not in package repository." or similar.
There is no guarantee that local packages were ever in the repository, so they can't really be "No longer in...".

Also, I think it would be preferable for the Webif to parse the /etc/opkg/opkg.conf file to work out which repositories to include rather than just hard-coding "beta".
Good ideas. I need to overhaul the quick hack I put in last night anyway so will look at these too.

Good ideas. I need to overhaul the quick hack I put in last night anyway so will look at these too.
Is it deliberate that local packages and advanced packages only show in the installed (and upgrade?) list if the 'Show advanced ...' option is selected?
When a package is deprecated, like POC, non advanced users still need to be able to easily find it to remove it.
Webif no longer shows as an installed package!

I have ffmpeg 2.8 installed this no longer shows in the upgrade list as newer than the repository version, is this deliberate

Update: It appears that ALL upgrades are missing from the display - I forced a downgrade on chaseget and it doesn't show on the upgrade list regardless of the 'Advanced' setting but it is upgraded by the Upgrade all button.

Last edited:
Update: It appears that ALL upgrades are missing from the display
Tonight's update will fix this along with always including deprecated packages in the installed list.

upload_2017-2-1_13-59-14.png

Last edited:
I think it would be a good idea to include All packages in the Installed/Available lists giving the Advanced packages a different class attribute. It would then be trivial to have a 'Hide/Show Advanced' packages button on the packages page to toggle the display by changing the css attributes of the class.
This would save the need to go into the settings page - the existing setting could be used to control the initial state of the display.
Advanced packages and non repository packages could also be displayed in different colours to distinguish them from top level packages

The Upgrade should default to showing all available upgrades regardless of type.

I think it would be a good idea to include All packages in the Installed/Available lists giving the Advanced packages a different class attribute. It would then be trivial to have a 'Hide/Show Advanced' packages button on the packages page to toggle the display by changing the css attributes of the class.
This would save the need to go into the settings page - the existing setting could be used to control the initial state of the display.
Advanced packages and non repository packages could also be displayed in different colours to distinguish them from top level packages

The Upgrade should default to showing all available upgrades regardless of type.

Done! webif 1.4.0-4 now available.

So how can we tell what's been deprecated and thus safe to uninstall?
Anything that has been deprecated will now be shown in orange with an exclamation mark against it. There's no need to remove the package if you still use it but if it's deprecated then it means that nobody is supporting it any more and usually that there is a replacement/better package available.

The recently deprecated packages and replacements are:

poweron-channel -> boot-settings
channeldel, renumber -> tunefix
exfat-builder -> exfat​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back