[webif] Web Interface 1.4.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the Horizon episode is on PBS America today at approximately 13:35
Thank you for the update, I have just [ Yesterday ] set for my search, as the time slot does not conflict with other scheduled recordings, also note, [ Yesterday ] has both an episode CRID and a series CRID, [ PBS America ] only has an episode CRID, also note, each broadcaster is choosing to categorise the same programme with different type description [ Yesterday ] is [ News/Current Affairs ] and [ PBS America ] is [ Arts/Culture ], so again, doing a search based on programme type would fail, seems a CRID search is going to be more successful once the CRID is known, though I would have thought [ Education/Science/Factual ] would be more in keeping with the programme's content

Secrets of the solar system, PBS america remote scheduling.JPG

which is where the text search comes in
Again point taken, a text search has worked for me over many years and hundreds of programmes and series, but, what text would you search for in this instance, [ Horizon ] 'the programme name, is not always mentioned in the programme title, and only occasionally is it mentioned in the description, the only string which appears in the whole series, is the series CRID

I'm pretty sure that "secrets of the solar system" on Yesterday is a series of that name and nothing to do with Horizon.

I'm pretty sure that "secrets of the solar system" on Yesterday is a series of that name and nothing to do with Horizon.
Curious, it seems, yes there is an episode of [ Horizon ] (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4541600/) called [ Secrets of the Solar System ], but there is also a series called [Secrets of the Solar System ] (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12331574/) dated 2020, so we are both correct, makes searching even more problematic, doesn't help when broadcasters using different synopsis text, back to plan 'C'

Yes, the two are separate.

The Yesterday series is new for 2020.

The PBS America episode is an episode from Horizon's 2015 series which covered different topics in each of its episodes.

what text would you search for in this instance, [ Horizon ] 'the programme name, is not always mentioned in the programme title, and only occasionally is it mentioned in the description, the only string which appears in the whole series, is the series CRID
The series CRID can not work as a search in this instance.
PBS America aren't using a series CRID.
And the Yesterday programmes are not what you are after.

Yes Luke, agreed, I realised after I did all the screen shots, that as I get an email notification of my search, I just open the [ Programme Details ] and click [ Series Record ], in message #400

On a sidenote - it depends how you feel about 'unofficial' sources - but I noted the Horizon episode is available on dailymotion, which if memory serves is compatible with youtube-dl

each broadcaster is choosing to categorise the same programme with different type description [ Yesterday ] is [ News/Current Affairs ] and [ PBS America ] is [ Arts/Culture ]
This is where it starts to get confusing.
Both broadcasters are classifying their version of 'Secrets of the Solar System' as "News and Factual". If you look on the Humax menus via your TV they do both come up as "News and Factual".
Someone has already posted a list of what the freeview service uses for the classifications
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/some-linux-utilities-to-work-with-the-humax.5737/page-3#post-78460
Looking at that list the broadcaster can assign either 2, 7 or 8 as the classification category for "News and Factual". In the UK they should be equivalent.

There is a different standard (EN_300_468) that some countries use and that is the mapping for that one that you are seeing on the custom firmware's webif and RS. The custom firmware's category mappings have never been corrected since the wrong mapping was setup, which accounts for the rather bizarre looking categorisations which are sometimes displayed via the webif and RS.

What this means is that when setting up a search for category "News and Factual" you would need the following:
1589633361815.png

The mapping to use when searching does vary by category. The worst is for "Drama". Unfortunately there is no mapping from 'Drama' and so what I have been doing for testing if the category is "Drama" is elimating all the other possibilities:
1589633638152.png

I've always considered the genres to be too unreliable to be to any use whatsoever
Yes, I'd imagine that they would appear to be too unreliable if just looking at the webif and RS interpretation of them.
Anyone who wants to use them via the webif and RS has to take account of the intended descriptions, and not just always take the text used by the webif and RS as that intended by the broadcasters.

...Someone has already posted a list of what the freeview service uses for the classifications
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/some-linux-utilities-to-work-with-the-humax.5737/page-3#post-78460
Looking at that list the broadcaster can assign either 2, 7 or 8 as the classification category for "News and Factual". In the UK they should be equivalent.

There is a different standard...that some countries use and that is the mapping for that one that you are seeing on the custom firmware's webif and RS. The custom firmware's category mappings have never been corrected since the wrong mapping was setup, which accounts for the rather bizarre looking categorisations which are sometimes displayed via the webif and RS.
The WebIf genre mapping uses hmt for "recordings" and a built-in genre table for the EPG, and these genre tables are essentially the same as the one that "someone" posted in the linked thread. The upper 4 bits are also the same as the table in D-Book 7 Pt A 8.5.3.2 "Content (genre) coding" .

RS may be different.

In checking out the mapping I noticed that "Set Reminder" is still an option in the WebIf programme pop-up for shows that have already started: probably not useful, but harmless.

Last edited:
In checking out the mapping I noticed that "Set Reminder" is still an option in the WebIf programme poperp-up for shows that have already started: probably not useful, but harmless.
With RTS, it gives users the means to change channel to that programme directly from the programme details - not something that can be done from the SUI.

With RTS, it gives users the means to change channel to that programme directly from the programme details - not something that can be done from the SUI.
So the button should say "Watch Now" for programmes that are now showing, and neither version nor the "Record Programme" should be shown for completed programmes?

Disk Utilisation: folders can be sorted by size, but going into those folders is the normal media view which only offers date and alpha sorting. It would be good to have a sort by size option there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back