[webif] Web Interface 1.4.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found that if the *.js file is still loaded in the [ File Editor ] window with any changed saved, those changes are not actioned by doing a [ Ctrl + F5 ], the file in [ File Editor ] has to be closed, eg not in the window for editing, yes there is a [ Save ] button and yes there a confirmation pop up window, but my edits were not actioned until the [ File Editor ] is returned to the [ Diagnostics ] page
I am at a loss to explain your symptoms

having to exit from the editor page is highly abnormal
Not highly abnormal from my point of view, is is common practice especially in database application to lock a file when it is open for writing elsewhere, so my thinking was, try closing the file down and, it worked, of course there is no formal close button in [ Diagnostics ] > [File Editor ], so you have to click the back arrow, it could of course be down to my browser, or some other aspect of my laptop's configuration

Not necessary in a single-user environment. Ordinary editing of ordinary files does not offer that kind of "protection", you are expected to know what you are doing.
Oh please stop, the initial issue is now resolved, those that helped have been thanked, move on please, no need for endless analysis of what was written, what was meant by it, was it grammatically correct, and trying to imply the other person knowledge or skill set

No it's not. It's BH. How the hell is that a personal attack? But I suppose replacing "stupid" with "unexpected" would make it more snowflake friendly. :roflmao:

ie isn't going to protect you from being stupid
Would it appear less personal to replace "you" with "anybody"? Because that's what it meant, but it isn't usually so necessary to be quite so pedantic with wording, because (mostly) people on here are not so touchy.

Please review Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click), and realise we/I are only trying to help. "Anybody" should regard recommendations to do something a different way as guidance, not an insult. On the other hand, people who refuse to accept guidance when they've asked for it are insulting.

Last edited:
Might it improve the integrity of the thread if a moderator were to move posts #372 down to and including this one out of the thread ?

Might it improve the integrity of the thread if a moderator were to move posts #372 down to and including this one out of the thread ?
I would agree, if you make that post 370. That's where the trouble started.

Last edited:
Been using the help and tips of this fine group and...

I've been tweaking my [ Remote Scheduling ] options to limit search results to say not morning or Saturday only, but notice that when checking the next day, no modified events have been scheduled, so have to manually set a recording event, yet next day nothing again has been remotely scheduled

I've tried [ rs/sync ] from the [ Diagnostic ] page, but no updating of events

Do found events only get transferred to the Humax HDR Fox T2 at 4.30am for pending, then get placed as events after another reboot or sleep/wake cycle, or is there any way to do it manually, including having done a search, get the system to process the found event within hours and a [ Schedule Reboot ]

For example, I see a programme I want to record, but if I set a manual event, and [ Remote Scheduling ] finds it also, it could cause a conflict if another event is programmed for the same time

Any workable suggestions gratefully received

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back